illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IRON/RUM vs TCol/VAST War Stats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:10
losing towns and players?? who is writing this meaningless drivel?? Players drop to cap cities and visit other alliances? Thanks for getting me to waste 3 mins of my day I will never get back
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 17:15
Originally posted by Snagglepuss Snagglepuss wrote:

losing towns and players?? who is writing this meaningless drivel?? Players drop to cap cities and visit other alliances? Thanks for getting me to waste 3 mins of my day I will never get back

Me. Mafro. I'm writing this meaningless drivel. I would've thought the whole "Posted by..." thingy on the forum would've clued you in to that.

Wait...meaningless? How DARE you call my drivel meaningless! MY drivel consists of various statistics of questionable utility posted at random times - AND LACKING CONTEXT, no less! As such it keeps true to the most ancient of Internet traditions!

I suggest that YOU, Snagglepuss - if that's your REAL name - write your OWN drivel containing more meaning and leave my drivel alone.

Oh...wait...you just did. Dammit, pwned again.

Drivel.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 18:48
I think the problem here is that you present these stats as war related, while (with the exception of one direct hit by Aesir, who aren't even mentioned), not a single mutation you recorded has anything to do with the war. Its misleading.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 19:29
I present these stats as related to participants in a given war. They are the best way that I know to track the strengths of those participants over long periods of time with publicly available data. It assumes that the members, towns, and populations of an alliance generally correlate to the strength of that alliance.

It is clearly imperfect, in particular lacking troop strengths (as well as stores of gold and prestige). But, again, I don't know of a better way for those outside the conflict to have a sense of relative strengths and whose strength is waxing or waning. If you know of a better way, I'm certainly open to it.

Now, nowhere have I ever suggested that the changes in these stats are the result of direct action on the part of an enemy. That data is either private, hidden in battle reports, or disconnected, on the Attack and Defense Stats pages. The Siege Stats page gives us some idea of individual conflicts currently underway, but nowhere that I know of is there a way to see the results of those sieges or the broader, strategic picture.

All that said, intermittently capturing these basic stats and sharing them is my way of contributing in a small way to an understanding of what is happening in the game. Given the number of views these threads get, and the occasional comments, it seems other folk find them interesting or useful as well.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 20:49
I'm reluctant to say that the best war reporting to date has been Eowan's, relying on raze and battle reports provided by the parties at war. Illy warfare is just not something that can be reflected by publicly available data/metrics.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 23:07
People always bitch about something Mafro. Keep on publishing data, I find it interesting.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 01:50
Updated stats: Iron/RUM vs. TCol/VAST War Stats

Here's my quick read of the past 5 days:
Iron has gained 1 member, 6 towns, 54k pop, and 115k def
RUM has lost 6 members, 24 towns, 141k pop, and gained 2k def

TCol has lost 3 members, 18 towns, 408k pop, and gained 34k def
VAST has gained 1 town, 9k pop, and 6k def
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:15
Originally posted by Mafro Mafro wrote:

Updated stats: Iron/RUM vs. TCol/VAST War Stats

Here's my quick read of the past 5 days:
Iron has gained 1 member, 6 towns, 54k pop, and 115k def
RUM has lost 6 members, 24 towns, 141k pop, and gained 2k def

TCol has lost 3 members, 18 towns, 408k pop, and gained 34k def
VAST has gained 1 town, 9k pop, and 6k def

Sir

In my humble but entirely unbiased opinion , never in the field of Illyriad war reportage have I witnessed such inspired and completely objective reportage. You Sir, are an unrivalled genius.

OssianII 
Chief Reckoner to Clan Moedagh (ret'd)

Edited by OssianII - 05 Feb 2019 at 11:16
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 18:42
On Sunday the 10th of February, at 18:21, peace broke out between the warriors of RUM and VAST, ending their conflict. Here are the final war stats...the changes that took place between those two forces during the war: Iron/RUM vs. TCol/VAST War Stats.

After 46 days of conflict between the two initial combatants...:
RUM gained 3 towns, 110k pop, 519k atk, 92k diplo, 318k def, and 57MM magic
VAST lost 5 members, 9 towns, 111k pop, and gained 1,071k atk, 28k diplo, 444k def, and 74MM magic

As Iron and TCol may have played some role in the war, I will be including their stats here as well, but will not be continuing to track any of the participants going forward because, frankly, it's boring.

Meanwhile, over those same 46 days...:
Iron lost 2 members, gained 7 towns, 288k pop, 4MM atk, 301k diplo, 580k def, and 78MM magic
TCol gained 1 member, lost 47 towns, 1,060k pop, and gained 3.4MM atk, 225k diplo, 1,577k def, and 280MM magic

If anyone cares to post the terms under which peace was agreed upon, it would add to the history and lore of Illy.

Cheers!

Mafro

Edited by Mafro - 10 Feb 2019 at 18:44
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 04:22
It was a simple peace treaty, neither side gained nor lost anything
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic