illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing the Alliance Spotlight!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 14:51
Can you nominate your own alliance? Only because know no one in Illyriad would nominate me and I'm an alliance of just me.
The Reaper View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 08:08
Originally posted by Bill Cipher Bill Cipher wrote:

Hello,
(Just gonna throw this out there. If you don't like it just move along.)

I like the idea,Cerbs.
Although the only thing that really bothers me here is that isn't gonna be pretty biased to some point?
People from there own alliance are going to for there alliance,most likely that is.
So really it's going to come down to who has the most people in there alliance.

There are a couple ways to fix it.
Firstly,
Have it where people can't vote for there own alliance.This completely eliminates the chance of people voting for there own alliance,but could make it a little difficult.
Secondly,
Give people two votes.Only 1 vote is for your alliance.

There are probably different ways or even better ways.

Respectfully,
BillCipher

***An Edited Version***
I like the idea,Still do.
It lets people outside of the alliances chosen understand some more information about the alliance besides what information they present on the alliance summary page. Like how that particular alliance works,how certain things or possibly how they may go about on certain situations etc.. depending on questions and answers.It could lead to new alliances created that would steal ideas from different ones and add that to there own ideas and wishes.Alliances that are spotlighted could possibly see different,new members wanting to join because of the new information from the spotlight.

Will Retract my statements w/ it being biased because once there alliance is picked it wouldn't be picked again and those voted for there own alliance would be ignored

For Voting would you just create another thread for monthly,weekly etc.. they would vote? You could have a poll too so there wouldn't be a lot of spam or people voting more then once although it would be a lot of work,the First time.

When will the voting start, or when will this start?
i am Curious on what different alliances will say.

Respectfully,
BillCipher

Seeing as though your profile page implies jokes that are against the ToC. I would suggest you shush a bit and clean yourself up.
Trader Tiro! View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Tiro! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 00:03
I nominate MTG! Tongue
#BuyTiroOnly@Centrum Smile
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 03:36
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

Originally posted by Bill Cipher Bill Cipher wrote:

Hello,
(Just gonna throw this out there. If you don't like it just move along.)

I like the idea,Cerbs.
Although the only thing that really bothers me here is that isn't gonna be pretty biased to some point?
People from there own alliance are going to for there alliance,most likely that is.
So really it's going to come down to who has the most people in there alliance.

There are a couple ways to fix it.
Firstly,
Have it where people can't vote for there own alliance.This completely eliminates the chance of people voting for there own alliance,but could make it a little difficult.
Secondly,
Give people two votes.Only 1 vote is for your alliance.

There are probably different ways or even better ways.

Respectfully,
BillCipher

***An Edited Version***
I like the idea,Still do.
It lets people outside of the alliances chosen understand some more information about the alliance besides what information they present on the alliance summary page. Like how that particular alliance works,how certain things or possibly how they may go about on certain situations etc.. depending on questions and answers.It could lead to new alliances created that would steal ideas from different ones and add that to there own ideas and wishes.Alliances that are spotlighted could possibly see different,new members wanting to join because of the new information from the spotlight.

Will Retract my statements w/ it being biased because once there alliance is picked it wouldn't be picked again and those voted for there own alliance would be ignored

For Voting would you just create another thread for monthly,weekly etc.. they would vote? You could have a poll too so there wouldn't be a lot of spam or people voting more then once although it would be a lot of work,the First time.

When will the voting start, or when will this start?
i am Curious on what different alliances will say.

Respectfully,
BillCipher

Seeing as though your profile page implies jokes that are against the ToC. I would suggest you shush a bit and clean yourself up.

Thanks for the offer but im good
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Lifeless View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 16:03
I vote for MTG!
The Undead God, Lifeless
Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 19:29
I would like to vote for The Hashashin (SIN). In the 3+ years since it has been formed SIN has had a big impact on the game. SIN's unique style of game play has affected many. SIN's offical land claim in Fellandire changed the course of the game. Other alliance's have since followed suit. Overall SIN has contributed greatly to the game play of Illyriad. SIN also has unique characters, that are active and enjoy the game.

Thank you
Fiona
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 08:43
I Nominate: The Hashashin [SIN]

Fiona pointed out a lot of goodies. Other than the land claim and the ongoing aggressive stance that keeps the game on its toes, SIN also engages in a lot of social aspects and keep an active player base active through social talk and fun on 3rd party chat programmes like Slack.
--
I'd like to add that the friends of SIN -the SINdicate- are just as awesome and deserve recognition and honour. 

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 06:32
SIN is SMELLY.  
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic