FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing the Alliance Spotlight!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing the Alliance Spotlight!
    Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 20:06
Hello Illyrians,

I'd like to announce the introduction of the Alliance Spotlight. Alliances play a huge role in Illyriad, allowing players to band together to hold sway over huge tracts of land and even enforce their own rules.  We'd like to take a closer look into what makes some of the great Alliances of Illyriad tick, what motivates them, and perhaps even glean some secrets to success.

As with the Player Spotlight program, we'll be choosing the alliance via player nominations.  If you think you have an alliance worthy of spotlight let us know! We're not just looking for the best of the best either, nominations can be submitted for a myriad of different reasons: Training alliances, theme alliances, needlessly aggressive alliances, etc.  If you think it's interesting, we might think so too! Send all nominations to community@illyriad.co.uk

The spotlight will be quarterly instead of monthly as there are far fewer Alliances than there are players. The alliance will be showcased on the website and all members will receive a unique Alliance Spotlight medal for that quarter! 

Looking forward to seeing those nominations!

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 18 Dec 2023 at 15:03
TormenteSoul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TormenteSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 04:09
I nominate myself. Champ!
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 13:37
It would be interesting if the spotlight were to consider alliances that are truly of all sizes.  I have nominated an alliance with just four members.

Alliances that I didn't nominate, but considered:
  - SkB and Fam, which have interesting tools at the disposal of their members
  - SIN, who have been truly glorious, and whose diaspora continue to shake up the game
  - 300, because of the Thunderdome
  - Hog, which seems to be the most exciting training alliance

Edited by Alti - 14 Mar 2017 at 13:40
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 01:11
HOG isnt a training alliance anymore

Edited by kodabear - 15 Mar 2017 at 01:12
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 01:27
Thanks Koda.  I don't know how I missed that.
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 14:57
I like the idea.
It lets people outside of the alliances chosen understand some more information about the alliance besides what information they present on the alliance summary page. Like how that particular alliance works, how certain things or possibly how they may go about on certain situations etc.. depending on questions and answers.It could lead to new alliances created that would steal ideas from different ones and add that to there own ideas and wishes.Alliances that are spotlighted could possibly see different, new members wanting to join because of the new information from the spotlight.

For Voting would you just create another thread for monthly,weekly etc.. they would vote? You could have a poll too so there wouldn't be a lot of spam or people voting more then once although it would be a lot of work,the First time.

When will the voting start, or when will this start?
i am Curious on what different alliances will say.

Respectfully,
BillCipher

Edited by Bill Cipher - 06 Oct 2017 at 03:40
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 02:37
choose randomly from alliances that have lasted for at least three months, have at least ten members, and have not been spotlighted (spotlit?) in the past 12 months. nice surprise for those chosen, should encourage a good variety of large and small, old and new, and won't be an opportunity for metagaming.
PugGuy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PugGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 08:15
Just to clarify some of the above comments. In the past the term Training Alliance has carried with it an understanding that its members would not be attacked, and in return would not attack others. Last November we found that this understanding was not being respected by a particularly obnoxious player, so we found it necessary to issue a statement that we would no longer passively tolerate attacks on our members.

Notwithstanding that statement, we still view ourselves as primarily a training alliance with perhaps an asterisk. We will not passively tolerate abuse of our members. The world of Illyriad evolves and so do we.
jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 13:50
I nominate Harmless?!

The best alliance - ever!
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 14:57
Too bad HUGcr can't be spotlighted anymore :(

But I like this idea, Cerb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic