Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IllyStuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 03:37
Always interested in data
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 00:48
New menu entry: Account Search
Added the Account Search page to the menu. This allows you to search for historical accounts as well as current players. Even after a player has left the game and all their towns are gone their profile page still exists. This tool lets you find and view those pages. Note that you need to be logged in to illy for this page to be able to retrieve and display the page.

This should now be fully up to date and (if I got it right) will also update each day after the datafiles have updated.

tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:49
Update/Bugfix: Custom Map

The biome and Combat Terrains options in the Custom Map tool on IllyStuff is now working again. Note that the data for all of the overlays are stored as bitmap images that are 'full size' for Illy (2001 x 4301). This means that they can actually show an individual tile but at the same time are fairly large and this means the page takes a bit of time to load all the images at the start. The Rare Terrains option doesn't work and will probably never work - these are mostly single buildings which means they would be single pixels at 100% zoom so would be almost impossible to see anyway.

If anyone has any (reasonable) need for their own copy of a particular overlay please let me know and I'll get them listed somewhere when I can.

https://illystuff.uk/icm/index.html

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 17:47
Pathfinding experiments

Made a couple of minor changes to the public page for my experiments with pathfinding using the world map in Illy. It now gives 3 different distances for the requested path:
  • Straight Line - a simple hypotenuse calculation between the start and end points.
  • Path Length - the actual length of the calculated path.
  • Weighted Length - the same as the Path Length but with the weight of each tile applied.
Please note that at present the code cannot handle long paths and if you ask it to do one that is too big then it will simply ignore you (hey I'm used to my code ignoring me!).

Currently I'm working on creating a network of pre-defined paths which should then allow the calculation of paths from one corner of the map to the other.

Feel free to have a play around and post any suggestions.

Tens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic