illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Illyriad Playerbase - History Remembrances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:41
Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

C
Captain Kindly, oh so kind...
I'll bet CK has been sending you carevans full of goid again LOL
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anjire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 07:50
Greetings Everyone!

I like to do an occasion google search on my gaming name.  

It was quite a delight to read the comments in this thread.

I am honored to have played the game with so many great players and personalities.

I do believe that I was close to 100K Stalwarts supported by one city at the end. (using prestige).  :)

I would nominate S - Silverlake
my compatriot in arms out over on the edges of Lan Larosh and Kumala.  I hope our last Hurrah there enabled a good portion of Harmless? the time to regroup in a much better defensible position.

~Anjire

OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 09:30
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

Greetings Everyone!

I like to do an occasion google search on my gaming name.  

It was quite a delight to read the comments in this thread.

I am honored to have played the game with so many great players and personalities.

I do believe that I was close to 100K Stalwarts supported by one city at the end. (using prestige).  :)

I would nominate S - Silverlake
my compatriot in arms out over on the edges of Lan Larosh and Kumala.  I hope our last Hurrah there enabled a good portion of Harmless? the time to regroup in a much better defensible position.

~Anjire

Thinks ... I knew this would happen. I spent six years praying to the Dark Gods of the internet to frazzle  his internet connection and then some idiot posts a "history Remberances" tab on the forum.  Next thing you know....He's back Clown
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anjire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 03:10
Well, Ossian your Dark Gods have come through for the most part.   Wink

Internet connection is very touch and go where I am at right now - Only one provider and it is satellite.

Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 16:36
For me its Angrim and Belegar. My two #1 dwarfs. :)
Chris G is missed very much, him and his orc Deva
But of course a few mentions are in order. 
DasDwarf, was an amazing alliance mate. I miss him everyday. He was kind and funny and always there to help.
Marti she had a sense of humor matched by no one. 
There have been many that have made this game fun. The player base makes this game great. Many players have shaped my game. Some we lost to illness, some just got a life (hehe). 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 02:53
Good to see you Anjire
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:35
So for starters this is hands down one of the best post anyone has made in the forums in a long time, and as far as history and people go, I would like to name a few.....

A- Azreil- One of the forefront military minds, alliance leader and key player in a major war. 

B-Boromir- Tourney extraordinaire, and held the lead on overall attack score for a long time. 
(Honorable mentions: Baynights, Beecks)

C- Cranesrule/Boru- Military Juggernaut, diplomatic leader extremely knowledgable and is an OG in illy.

D- Dave83- Major player in the military might of Shade my previous alliance. Him and his alt were always down for a scrap. 
(Honorable mention: Dittobite)

E-Ellisande- Frequent helper in GC and my favorite thing was everytime you seen her in chat Mananan would be in there to give here a rose.
(Honorable mention: Eragon, Emily Jade)

F- Fluffy- The original troll lol. Renamed his account to read that it was abandoned so he could then defend the seiges from people who thought they were taking over an inactive!

G-GodsDestroyer- We use to always empty the market of all the beer before traders were a thing and then barter our goods in GC instead of the typical market transactions. Miss you buddy 
(Honorable mention: Gratch)

H- Honored Mule- We didnt always see eye to eye, but he was a illy great- creator of tools that helped the community, and one of the pillars of Harmless who stood as the beacon of dominance in the illy landscape for years. 

I- Indomitable- Coleader of Toothless, all around nice player and helpful to countless number of newbs
(Honorable mention:Innoble)

J- Jane Dark Magic- Even though we never met she went to college 30 minutes away from me and we shared the same love for Greeks Pizza!
(Honorable Mention:Jasche)

K- Another great Illy trader and long time stay in T?. She would frequent GC with saddles asking to sell to people at a discount
(Honorable Mention: Kale Weathers)

L- ladyLuvs- You never see her venture into global chat aanymore but a great character, big heart and longtime helper in the community. Illy needs more people like LL

M- Manochander/Madmano- I bet this guy has funded illy more prestige than anybody. Mano was a huge piece of my previous alliances and would eat through prestige like it was candy. 
(Honorable mention:Magnificence, malek)

N- Nokigon- Avid member of GC, very loyal and frequently would help people with capturing new towns

O- Olek- Always in GC trying to figure out the game mechanics of seiges and raids, in hindsight he probably was a year before his time. He could have been a great fit when the game started becoming more militarily dominant

P- Purple Rain- Great player but like most of the former alliance Pending, hated wars. Just looked forward to playing in tourneys and was very good at that

Q- Queen Bikini- Alliance leader, thorn in my side. I felt like we were always on opposing sides of a conflict. Good sport when it came to fighting though, her and Roman Empire

R- Rill- Love her or hate her she was a trooper. Rain sleet or snow, Rill was on illy. It got to the point people started disliking her because there wasnt a time you could go into GC and there wasnt a comment from Rill in the feed. One of the most knowledgeable and helpful players illy has probably ever had, and the community suffers from people like her no longer playing their roles.
(Honorable Mention:Ryklaw,Ryelle :)

S- Sheogorath- member of the freemorn society which was doing things way before they were popular in the game. The alliance required you to move into their hub area of Freemorn in order to remain a member, unfortunately Sheo was pretty young and didn't have the patience for the long-term game that is Illyriad.
(Honorable Mentions: Scaramouche,Sir Bradley, Susan Calvin)

T-The_Dude- The first thing that comes to mind is dramatic. The_Dude went on a tirade about a player Mananan and then because he didnt get what he wanted spent the next 2 weeks in GC giving away his goods while seiging himself down to nothing with his alt account El-Jeffe. I guess at the end of the day it was a bit entertaining 
(Honorable Mentions:tanis, Tordenkaffen)

Y- Yearick- Founder of one of the earliest alliances, well rounded player(I believe finrod was his alt if memory serves) with excellent diplomacy and recruiting skills, unfortunately inactivity struck and these accounts were shells for a long time. 

Z- Zolvon- Leader of a old alliance, and one of the older players in the game. He and his brother came over to join up with me in Shade as a result to end a war and save his brother in real life Magnificence from being seiged to 0. After awhile Z had to head back to his own alliance cause he refuses to be ruled by anyone.

As an aside from the above mentioned players Id also like to mention some of my favorite older alliances that are no longer active, Curse the Wolves, The Grey Grudges, and Warriors of the New. All of which i have stories directly related to, but I never was a governing piece of them.  

"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 09:35
Two more for the pot:
  • Taron - Founder of Aesir, an alliance that has survived since the beginning (despite having been set up by Ol' Blabberguts!" Big smile).
  • Gregorokin - crows, absa etc. you name it Grego founded it.  Grego was always fun to have around in gc and with his alliances.  He was good counter balance to the usual GC  trans atlantic babble! Grego brought  cred to Illy and quietly made the game accessible to people from all countries and cultures.  Star
Gimli son of Gloin.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:38
B: BayNights

My history with BayNights started when a brave bunch of warriors set out to challenge the fearmongering alliance, that had notoriously started a theme in the game, and put their minds to being the military alliance in The Broken Lands to dominate. SIN of course. Strategies had to be thought out and BayNights was a good mind to have in these matters. Acivity is key, as in a lot of other games, and this dude is active and slaughters other military players with his cunning and deterministic playstyle. 
It ain't a surprise to anybody though, that SIN weren't exactly beat back when an alliance called STOMPS were formed, who had players like Pico, BayNights, AianNick and a couple other warriors who wanted to fight in the name of fairplay and didn't want to see this warmongering fear alliance, SIN, be succesful.
Ultimately the fight is not over, but the tables have been turned several times. Lots of the warriors who were previously alligned with one side or the other, have been shifting around to create as much fun as possible for all involved participants as time has passed. Keep up the good work!

PublicRelations
HumanResources
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 00:21
I have truly messed up this thread. Anjire deserved to be mentioned as the A ....... but we left out someone... legendary... 

He created an alliance in The Broken Lands which achieved greatness, fame and helped foster Viperone and his neon pink siege blocks, King Sigerious, AianNick, squirrel, Karl Aegis and more!
He kept the wheels of fun turning in dull times. He wore a red thong on Friday nights and pulled Skorgs finger to the entertainment of especially Rwd, and the other smelly orcs. 

Dare I say his name now, after I accidentally didn't think about it. Shame! Forgive me pal.

AGALLOCH

PublicRelations
HumanResources
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic