illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Illyriad Playerbase - History Remembrances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illyriad Playerbase - History Remembrances
    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 12:24
Today in GC some of us were fooling around with people we remember from any time in the games history, which brings me here. It would be cool to have an A-Z on people of importance who impacted the game in one way or the other. 

It will be hard to keep a structure here in terms of alphabetical order, but the idea is to think of someone who you found important. 

To start off,

A:
Anjire was a prominent player from the alliance Harmless? [H?], who helped the community in many ways with his clever wits and steadfast determination. He was the first player to claim 150squares from one town, in the hopes of discovering something. Nothing happened. And he quit the game shortly after. I will for one remember the way he was feared, respected and loved all in one. Does anyone else remember anything about Anjire?

--
Please carry on with names you remember in this thread. Why you remember them. What they did good or bad for the game or for some of the players.

Doesn't have to be super lengthy, but the more info the better :)

Let's spread some love and awareness to each other and to new players who don't know much about our history.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 12:43
A-
For me, this is probably going to be Angrim; a frequent GCer in his time and founder of eCrow. A great many profiles bear quotes from him today. His account is actually still around though he's a rare sight these days. It's in eCrow, keeping the alliance alive. I'm sure others can contribute more than me as his history with the game stretches far beyond my time here.

Edited by eowan the short - 19 Dec 2020 at 12:44
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ES2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 15:38
H-
HonoredMule. He created one of the first wikis for illyriad. Honestly for me this is great enough to cement him into illyriad's player histories, nevermind his activity in game. It was a hub of information that everyone used religiously. 
Eternal Fire
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 17:18
D- Durc

I personally never met Durc, but in my time in the Snugglers Coalition (HugCr at the time), Garthen filled me in on the huge personality she had and the impact on the game. The conversation I had with Garthen is currently the only thing left on my in-game profile, for anyone who wants to read. 
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 18:42
A:
Anas has his own way of doing things and usually gets the people around him to smile. His thoughtful memes and funny comments out of nowhere make him a valuable dude to have around, once again to spread the joy and fun. History has shown that people make fun of Anas, switching one of the A's in his name, to a U. This is probably what he is most known for. BUT, This guy knows how to build troops and how to troll his enemies into frustration, which is another one of his great (ass)ets. 

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 19:52
A: Anjire, Auraya, Angrim, Alynndra.

Anjire was a very cool guy and a good player and always happy to help with advice. I believe he probably was the first Dwarf in Illy to field 60K stal armies (and add 2 war colleges if necessary). He also always kept his cool and was generous. I recall him mailing me once (during the Consone War) on a huge fight he had had somewhere near Lan Larosh, advising me to send scavengers. That site was so huge that it took me a week with 6 cotters to clear it. And we were not even chatting outside of GC.

Auraya founded the first Elf-only alliance in Illy. She was helpful to everybody and an all around cool player. I especially admire her for her RL achievements though. But I will not talk about that in a forum, except saying that she is one of the strongest and sweetest people I know.

Angrim: 'nuff said. Probably one of the most intelligent, civilized and witty players that graced this game. I miss him.

Alynndra was one of my co-Rooks in HUGcr and currently a fellow mCrow. Had health issues and got through that, built a huge amount of cities but most of all she is a wonderful person and a good friend.

I probably forgot a few people. A is a very popular starting letter here. I blame Elves. I also did not mention Amorphias since he is an alt. I will see him again when or if we make it to K.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 21:00
B -- Beardo13

A dwarf, a druid, a poet, a friend. Helper of newbs and a good soul.

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 21:09
B -Brids17

A Crow, a friend. The DevKiller http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/brids-the-dev-killer_topic3066.html, hunter and finder of statues.

B - buckminster fuller 

A Crow, a friend, a listening ear
Vio Valencia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vio Valencia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 21:13
M- Mul

He helped me out immensely and was always very cheerful and had an incredible sense of humor!
Vio Valencia
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 21:14
A is for Angrim, grumpiest of dwarfs, B is for Belegar, who followed not far. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic