illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I stopped trading Prestige at Centrum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I stopped trading Prestige at Centrum
    Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 09:18
Hello Illyriad,

after ~4 years (i think) of being the main Prestige trader at Centrum i decided to stop trading there. I bought Prestige from (mostly) military players and sold it to (mostly) builders. Initially i started because i knew i needed to buy a lot of Prestige to grow and trading it made sense. Later on i did it for the ranking points and to compete against Quentin. I am currently preparing my last city push - i do not need much Prestige after that. And with Quentin gone there currently isn't a player that can compete with me for rank 1 - thus no point in further pushing the ranking for now. Its time to focus on something else.

My goal was always to give players a fair deal and let both buyers and sellers benefit from the trades. With great power comes great responsibility. In the last years my profit margin was (on purpose) really low. I also tried to keep the price as stable as possible and buffered a lot of the temporary ups and downs.

Over the years the situation at the Prestige market got worse and worse. The supply in the early years was really good and stable (with multiple Tomes a week) - lately the supply and players supplying is getting less and less. I would prefer lower Prestige prices too (as its good for the game and especially new players) - but there is little i could do about it.

With me out of the Prestige trade there are a lot of new opportunities for traders. I am looking forward to watch what is going to happen. A new chapter in Illy Prestige trade is starting.

The games does not end for me though. I still have a lot of goals i want to achieve. But the Prestige trade chapter is closed for now (for at least half a year - probably a lot longer or even forever).

Best regards,
Thirion/Ellania
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 16:44
Thirion - thanks for all the work in the prestige market.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 17:40
I second that. It has been a great help in dire times of gold scarcity. Glad I topped up a bit before this grave and dire message.

And a big congratulations on #1 Rank. What a shame your ranked rival Quentin the Miffed / Blag went poof. 

Hope to see you on the PvP scene at some point :)

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 00:36
Half a year is over and i kinda missed the trading part. Because of that i decided to start trading Prestige again - not sure how long this is going to last though.

Sorry to all the other traders in advance Tongue
Okkudo View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okkudo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 03:22
I liked where it went when you left. Could we set the price at 100m?0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic