illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hunting Hall of Fame 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yumann View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Yumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hunting Hall of Fame 2024
    Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 16:56

Good day Illyriad, 

I am pleased to announce the 2024 Hunting Hall of Fame. This is a month long tournament being hosted the entirety of April 2024. Players from all alliances, big or small are encouraged to participate and earn their share of 4.5 billion in prizes! Please see below for more info and the spreadsheet I'll be using to show the leaderboard.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19dZ8jxCOkNgjMEu7-nISXoOSxbPPG93sXF_kGSi_jiM/edit?usp=sharing

Basics 

• Go on a successful hunt. See how many you killed.
  • Check to see if you've just set a new record on the HoF Spreadsheet.
  • Forward Yuman (me) and the previous record holder (for trash talk) the combat report.
  • Use this subject line template. "HoF - Creature - Quantity" ex: "HoF - Mammoths - 987"
  • I will verify the report and update the spreadsheet to reflect your new record.
  • Get rewarded for having fun and hunting! 

What is it? 

Excellent question, the HoF is a friendly competition that tracks our biggest and best individual hunts with lucrative prizes for anyone holding a record at the end of the tournament. We have trackers for every NPC (excluding faction troops), and a few special categories, each with their own prizes. To keep track of all this, I'll be updating the Google Sheets document above with all of the info. This is a live document that you can all can view the current records. 

A wonderful thing about this event is that all players can contribute, big or small. An elite army with good gear will be more than enough to successfully set a record for the majority of creatures. If you need help equipping a hunting army please reach out in and I will assist with getting you kitted out.

How does it work?

Another excellent question! Player killed a whopping 2767 rats. They felt that was quite a big hunt, so they checked the spreadsheet, lo and behold Player beat the previous record of 2546. Player would then forward that combat report to Yuman (me) and use the following subject line template HoF - Creature - #, which would look like: HoF - Giant Rats - 2767Player would also forward this mail to the previous record holder shown in column E of the spreadsheet, to notify them they've lost their record (and to rub it in).

I will verify the report was higher than the current record on the spreadsheet and update the spreadsheet to reflect this new record. I'm going to do my best to stay on top of it, but it I may get behind from time to time. (If you see it's been a while and I haven't opened your mail, please resend. I probably deleted it by accident) 

Prizes

We've got over 4.5 billion in gold equivalent prizes!!! The prizes stack. For example, if you hold the most records at the end of the month with 12 individual NPC's, you're payout would be: 800MM Gold, 24x Moonshatter Gear, 10x Shards of Dawn, 300x Dyallom Gall, 6000x Iceheart, 5000x Silversteel, 1x Greatsword of Dawn, 1x Cobrastrike Bow, 3x Prestige Scraps. 

This has all been sponsored through the generous support of the Illyriad community. Please see the sponsors table on the spreadsheet, a big thank you to everyone who has pledged donations for the prize pool. (I am NOT holding all the prizes, and will coordinate with the sponsors at the end of the tournament to get everyone payed out. Please allow for roughly a week for all prize payments.)

Disclaimers

I will be using the linked spreadsheet to update the leaderboard, hoping to upload the combat reports once daily. I will be utilizing the forum for weekly updates, and the "Unofficial Illy Discord" https://discord.gg/hzXvewks for more frequent updates.

This tournament is not a reflection of any alliance(s) as a whole. Everyone needs to be aware of their hunting grounds in regards to land claims and sovereignty. I do not guarantee any participant's security if you decide to do some dumb stuff for the sake of the tournament.

IF you are submitting your combat reports for either the "Largest Hunt" or "Best K/D Ratio" please include an additional part in the mail subject ex: HOF - Giant Rats - 7012 - Ratio. To submit for Best K/D Ratio, you must put the ratio you achieved in the body of the email. All hunts with 0 deaths will be rounded up to 1 death for division's sake.

An XML file exists at the bottom of all combat reports by default. When you forward it to me the XML file must be attached to the combat report to be valid. This is not an extra step for anyone, it will be attached automatically when you forward it to me - just something I will be looking for to prevent any foul play, however unlikely.

Thank you all, I look forward to seeing you all in April! Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, death threats, etc.

-Yuman

Yumann View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 17:01
Link to Zenrath's forum post for the Discord. The link I used is broken.
Freyja. View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freyja. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 23:41
I love this!!!! I'm all in. 

I don't do Discord. Please post updates to the forum. 

Also, isn't there an API thingy/easier way to do this? iirc, both Tens, kodabear and kubluntu have a way to do this kind of tourney that doesn't require ppl send reports. Please ask one of them. But I'm there no matter what. 

Woohoo! 
Yumann View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 00:34
It has been discussed, Tens has been very generous with his support of this project. At the moment there is no existing way to port the XML data how we'd need it (Tens has more insight into this than I do). I'm hoping to add this functionality in the future, but I wanted to go ahead and get this announced for April as that was the start date originally planned.

I've been hosting the same thing for SMA/ITG/FDU-S continuously and it's not as much work as you'd think. As long as everyone uses the right subject line, entering them manually is pretty quick. 
Freyja. View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Freyja. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 00:51
Okay. I know what you mean about the reports. If you're good, I'm good, and I look forward to it. 
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 02:26
Thanks for organizing this tourney!   Just let the members in Harmless know.  Clap
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 02:29
Originally posted by Yumann Yumann wrote:

Link to Zenrath's forum post for the Discord. The link I used is broken.

Agree  +1
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Yumann View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 05:50
A couple people have asked so I want to clarify, yes the tournament is still set to start in April. Diplomatic situations will not interrupt the tournament, everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate.
Yumann View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 20:08
Tournament starts at 0:00 and runs for the entire length of April. The reports must have been achieved in April, I will be accepting scores through May 1st and announcing the winner(s) on May 2nd.

This thread will be updated as the tournament progresses, but I will be using the Illyriad Unofficial Discord's tournament room for more regular updates and communication. Sponsors, please hold on to your prizes, I will contact all of you individually as the tourney is ending.

Happy Hunting!
Yumann View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 01:48
Day 3 Leaderboard:
Overall # of Records
Bert Jr: 11 
Groo: 6
Wobbly Wanda: 4
Nelsifer Muledwun: 3
Mitch: 3
Grimvald: 2
ThePaleHorse,Hevneren,Asvenger,Hearmine,Yuman,Yoyoka,Alienxes,Bertimus Prime, Kuma: 1 Record

Best Ratio: Wobbly Wanda, 440/1

Largest Hunt: Nelsifer Muledwun, 12946 

No Records:
Worst Ratio, Air Elementals, Mammoths, Massive Scarabs, Baboons, Alligators, Giant Snakes.

Edited by Yumann - 03 Apr 2024 at 01:49
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic