Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHOW DID THE WHITE / H? WAR START AND WHEN?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gigi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOW DID THE WHITE / H? WAR START AND WHEN?
    Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 10:13

Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 19:48
It started when Laura Christine launched an unprovoked attack on KillerPoodle, way back in the day...
gigi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 22:27
The White propaganda claims that it is because H? wants to dominate the game. This is not true?
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 00:57
I'm pretty sure most alliances strive to be the best.  White's propaganda is that out of the many thousands on the server our striving for success will drive the entire world into stagnation and boredom.   From my perspective it's a fabrication they have to cling to because it's the only hope they have of gathering support from other alliances. The real reasons would gain them no support, and they know they desperately need support to have a hope of beating us.

But I'm pretty sure nothing new will come out by reopening this argument. 

You can read most of it by starting at the beginning of this thread:

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/white-concentration-camps-have-my-poor-villagers_topic435_page1.html

You can also search back amongst mine and Diablito's posts to get more color if you like. It's hardly likely that one side or the other is suddenly go to change tune or that any argument here is going to suddenly reveal the unambiguous truth.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 19:35
I've been working on compiling from old forum posts and other records a complete recount of all that we know concerning how the war started and the actions of everyone involved on both sides.  Judging by the various questions which have been asked by even White members, I'm guessing it will in large part be new information for almost everyone outside of H? leadership, Diablito, and maybe White leadership.  I started this effort when someone from White asked why Diablito hates us so much, and I think we do need to clear the air.

My report will by no means be impartial--just what we know and how we see the situation.  The story involves in equal parts:
 - Harmless maintaining a wary, distanced stance
 - Provocation by players on both sides
 - Diablito trying to use us like pawns
 - Misunderstanding and very short temper of Diablito
 - White faithfully following Diablito anywhere without question (until recently)
 - Harmless defending ourselves and counterattacking with full intent to eliminate a threat to us

However, it also reveals information that we shouldn't publish until certain situations are rectified, though that should be soon.  What that means will be clearer when it does get published.
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 16:10

I'm interested in recent developments.  It seems like maybe some other alliances are becoming involved.  I'd really like to know about those and how they got involved.  Where are war corespondants when you need them Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic