illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

House Stark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mythrial View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mythrial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: House Stark
    Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 21:42

HOUSE STARK

is recruiting!

We are a peaceful and growing alliance, looking for players who want to grow with us.  If you are interested in joining, contact Phoenixfire, Mythrial, or ThunderLizard.

While we welcome anyone regardless of location, the majority of our towns are located in The Broken Lands.   

The only rules are:   must be willing to move most of your cities to the BL and should have 5k pop but exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.   Also liking Game of Thrones helps!

The Broken Lands are an exciting, sparsely-populated territory full of resources and room to expand.    New players in particular would fare much better here than in overcrowded Elgea.  We would be honoured to have you enlist with us as we build our alliance!

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/uploads/4453/direwolf.jpg

POLICIES

Please see our alliance page for more info:   http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Alliance/Alliance/1071

OUR STORY

Not long ago there was a great war of four Kings and a Queen.  They have since either been killed or cast out of the land of Elgea.  Now all that is left of House Stark is a few loyal companions and our true King.

We have not given up on our war of regaining a hold on our land as well as restoring house Stark to power.

The Great Journey

King Phoenix and his loyal Hand, The Onion Knight, travelled for ages after being cast out until finally they found a place in the great land of Norweld that they could settle and be one with the new lords of this mighty land.

After many years they found that there were other nations trying to make a claim to this land and that most lords sought to side with them. So they looked for their new nation to be formed from the newest lords and ladies.

The Birth of a nation

King Phoenix and The Onion Knight finally had some luck recruiting a lord to their cause. For all they wanted was to unite Norweld and free it from the death and destruction that plagued other lands of Elgea. They scoured for more lords to join their cause and yet none seemed willing.

The Betrayal

When no lords or ladies would join Stark’s cause, an alliance with the nation of Erise came into existence. This seemed to benefit them greatly since Erise was well established and they had friends in this nation -- except one of these friends turned out to be a farce and betrayed House Stark. Luckily this did not end in war but has caused a rift in the friendship between the two nations. Only time will tell how this plays out.

The Dark Days

When all was grim no one would join and pledge fealty to House Stark and the ones that did would only go on to betray House Stark, and the ones that didn’t betray us completely went on to join our enemies, until we made an alliance with the Nation of The Raiders.  Later we would ask them to join House Stark to help us conquer Norweld and any other disease and death plagued countries.

The Death of a Hand

When all seemed great The Kings Hand known as the onion knight was killed leaving House Stark without a Hand of the King. So King Phoenix raised our high Master Bella to the position of Kings Hand as she seemed the only one fit to serve the Realm while helping the king as well.

The united lands

As House Stark began getting a foot in the continent of Elgea after leaving Westeros the alliance Steel Confessors sought to create a united family of lands. House Stark was very pleased that someone had seen that they were a force to be considered and accepted this offer. This will be a prosperous relationship as it seems.

Beginning anew

As the lords and ladies that have pledged their swords to the king in the north die, Phoenix decides to begin anew and begins to find somewhere new to conquer for his people. The only way to do so was to cut all ties and begin diplomacy and recruiting again to save his people and his country.

"This is only the beginning of our story only time will tell what will come of our journey, for

WINTER IS COMING."

The Borg View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Borg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 17:03
You state here that you are peaceful alliance yet on your alliance profile it reads "We are a growing military alliance". That suggests to me you folks have no clue what you are. Why not  change the name to Wishy Washy [WW}? 
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 17:33
I don't think being peaceful precludes having a military focus. Many Illyriad alliances have military capabilities for defense; such preparations seem sensible given the possibility of occasional wars.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 20:54
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

I don't think being peaceful precludes having a military focus. Many Illyriad alliances have military capabilities for defense; such preparations seem sensible given the possibility of occasional wars.

I agree, Brand, but come on: do you really think that in this case "We are a growing military alliance" equals "we have military capabilities for defense?" In all the years that I've played, I've seen many an alliance profile that says something along the lines of: "we are a peaceful alliance but we will defend ourselves if attacked." "Military alliances" are ones that have traditionally sought to pro-actively use the in-game military mechanics as part of their gaming experience.

phoenixfire View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 22:11
I would like to clear this up, 
I asked my old recruiter Mythrial to write this up. He wrote up basically the same thing awhile back and just copied and pasted it while adding in some new stuff but not really updating it. Sorry for the confusion. We are a growing military alliance, we used to be a peaceful training alliance.

Edited by phoenixfire - 17 Apr 2015 at 01:39
Thorgrim View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 15:26
We will be happy to teach Military to you. Just hit the War button :)

We will only hit one city each player, because we are nice like that. Smile
The Borg View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Borg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 15:28
How about "We are a growing military alliance only when we are assured a victory and a peaceful alliance when we deal with SIN"? I believe you folks are trying to burn both ends of the candle.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 04:45
This is an alliance recruitment thread. If you have beef with the alliance, take it elsewhere or I will delete the posts.

Carry on recruiting.

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic