Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HIDE THE HUBS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Poll Question: Hide and Close (for a period) Centrum and Hope Ridge ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [35.29%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [64.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HIDE THE HUBS
    Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 09:57

Hi ,

I believe that HAVING visable 2 central HUBS is bad for the  trading experience of the game

having visible 2 central hubs make thing much easier for everyone but is it any realistic?, does not it cut from the fun of the trading? , what is a trader at illyriad ?

So my proposition is to Hide and Close for a period both central hubs ( Centrum and Hope Ridge ), and make visible by default only the closer HUB .

I think that the period is ideal since some coding will take place for faction play.

Ofcorse something has to be done for all these res that are stored by the DEVS.

I think it would be for the fun of all and make trading really interesting and for indivigoul traders and for trading alliances  . I will give a meaning to trading the player that know where is the demand and where is the interest , could grabe opportunities by his knowledge that other have not.

The game should not be easier by lowering the level of difficulty but by cutting  micromanagement/timespending  IMO.

Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:38
It would only really affect newer players - which is bad. Centrum is the main point of trade - thus everbody needs access there later on.

In addition - why waste dev time when they could implement something useful instead?
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:53
yes the only problem i see is that the new payers will lose some money by selling the cotters stafs to a lower price .....(since they will have less information) .......but giving an reallistick  form to an aspect of the game it migth make it more interesting for new playiers trying to achieve beter sale rates that would make the game more interesting for them so it will benifit by this way ( its a game the point of it is to be exiting and interesting NOT easy)

it would affect all the playier . well its matter off how good trader you are when you sale to sale to increase prise where there is demand and to buy at low price .. ==>> which is not happenig since we all trade to the centrum . ofcorce you need access to the place that are cheap to buy staffs but with my proposition you have to search and find it each time or else lose some money on the advance of a real trader.

i don t think is somethink that need much coding . but i accept that if it need much other matters sould be first priority of the DEVS

Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:12
All players use (or should use) traders at some point as trade hubs are really powerful. For someone already having traders your change means that they would have to move one to either Centrum or Hope Ridge. Which means they aren't really affected.

The knowledge and use of trade hubs is already exciting and interesting. Your suggestion doesn't change anything with that. It only makes it worse/annoying for newer players.

A new player teleports to BL with his tenadril. No access to Centrum anymore and traders at that point are still far away. Exciting change Wink
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:24
in real life is a matter of how good trader you are to find cheap prodacts to sell them expencive to those that need them. in illyriad you don t even have to be a trader you just buy and sell from centrum.
so everyone is a trader but not a trader in real.
i also say CLOSE the two HUBS for some period so to be forced everiboody to go a bit more local . 

it will not be annoying for new playier they will just lose some money by selling their stafs a bit cheaper in advance of some real trader as and the old playier will .

i agree is interesting the HUBS anyway . but do you doupt about where you sould sell/buy your stafs ? 
or you know by default where you sould ?
Bolism View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 12:21
Short answer no definitely no ...

Longer answer:

1. We are in a game the "real life" argument doesn't make any sense ... Some example? A town of 30k people with 60k troops ?!? That argument has no value 

2. Especially with the factions on the horizon, and the fact that some are hostile, I wouldn't want a new player to not have access to a viable hub because of that. 

3. Whatever you do if someone is interested in trading the first answer in gc is gonna be Centrum ... And you can't fight that.

I got a bigger problem with trade in illyriad, and it's mostly with "traders". To take your argument, if you want to grow a market in real life you gotta work for it. So if you want your close by bub to be active, put some buying order (not selling) with higher price than centrum/hope ridge, that way you might advertise and get some more people active there. The illy trader has in my view a really short term eye on profit and after investing 500millions in buying orders in hope ridge, when they started, I really saw that most "traders" just put selling orders there and didn't try to make it more active. In the end all my business is done in centrum: convinience convinience convinience ...
That was my useless chatty self...
Have fun

Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 12:31
Originally posted by Sif Sif wrote:

In real life is a matter of how good trader you are to find cheap prodacts to sell them expencive to those that need them. in illyriad you don t even have to be a trader you just buy and sell from centrum.

Centrum has most trades but the profit is low. Smaller hubs on the other hand usually have better offers - thus a good trader is doing the same.

i also say CLOSE the two HUBS for some period so to be forced everiboody to go a bit more local . 

Depending on the hub there is already quite a bit of trade going on on the smaller hubs - usually basic/advanced resources. Depending the the area some Players/alliances have a lot of storage in some hubs. I have 5-6 traders in the hubs around me and trade there.

In a game with rare and limited resources it doesn't make sense for those trades to do outside of Centrum. As it is in real life - you are not going to your small local market to buy some e.g. raw diamonds or raw oil. Instead for those rare resources you go to a central market - as there are more potential buyers and thus people that might want to buy your rare resource. Thus Centrum (or some other hub) is always going to be the main point of trade.

it will not be annoying for new playier they will just lose some money by selling their stafs a bit cheaper in advance of some real trader as and the old playier will .

Or they want to craft some gear but cannot buy the resources needed for that. Crafting after all has quite some profit margin (and as an example i am bought some expensive crafts from smaller players).

i agree is interesting the HUBS anyway . but do you doupt about where you sould sell/buy your stafs ? 
or you know by default where you sould ?

As i mentioned above - it depends on the resource. As in real life it doesn't make sense to sell some rare stuff in your local hub. But it makes sense to sell them in Centrum. On the other hand it makes sense so buy/sell basic/advanced resources at your local hub. And not at Centrum - as the distance is way to far away.

The main reason why some smaller hubs are dead is because we don't have enough players - especially in some of the BL areas. But your suggestion isn't going to fix/improve that. On the contrary - it makes it worse.
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 13:11
Centrum has most trades but the profit is low. Smaller hubs on the other hand usually have better offers - thus a good trader is doing the same. ===>>>>  this is not a full trader is a semi trader since he know without any skill where are the cheaper stafs to buy and the rare exmple that someone is buying from other hubs exept the centrum is because the prices of centrume are known to everyone by default since centrum is visable so the buier know the prices are close to cheap.

I have 5-6 traders in the hubs around me and trade there====>>> could you be a competitive trader with only 5-6 traders if the stafs from centrum was spread at hubs???

In a game with rare and limited resources it doesn't make sense for those trades to do outside of Centrum.===>>> indeed since there is centrum , i say what if there was not

As it is in real life - you are not going to your small local market to buy some e.g. raw diamonds or raw oil. Instead for those rare resources you go to a central market - as there are more potential buyers and thus people that might want to buy your rare resource. Thus Centrum (or some other hub) is always going to be the main point of trade. ===>>>> yes but to know where is the centrum and if there is only one or two is matter of a skilled trader if it was not set by default and known to everybody where it is.

Or they want to craft some gear but cannot buy the resources needed for that. Crafting after all has quite some profit margin (and as an example i am bought some expensive crafts from smaller players).===>>>> no they will be able to find to their local hub what they need to be able to craft much closer to them comper to now since a trader will want to take advantage of them since they will not be able to see the fixed price at the centrum

As i mentioned above - it depends on the resource. As in real life it doesn't make sense to sell some rare stuff in your local hub. But it makes sense to sell them in Centrum. ====>>> in real life if you are not a real trader you buy expensive stuffs from the local HUB if you are a real trader you know or you think you know where the cheap stuffs  are ( where is the centrum )

The main reason why some smaller hubs are dead is because we don't have enough players - especially in some of the BL areas.====>>>> no its because you know the prices at the central market so you want to buy close to them and the person want to sell knows that you know the prices at centume and that can not take advantage of you and selling increasing price so he dont sell at local 

As and in real life of the medevial era the trader was not a transporter but take advantage of the fact that you don t know how much he buy what he sell s you  

Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 13:24
1. We are in a game the "real life" argument doesn't make any sense ... Some example? A town of 30k people with 60k troops ?!? That argument has no value===> well and in real life you need troops so it has value for me

2. Especially with the factions on the horizon, and the fact that some are hostile, I wouldn't want a new player to not have access to a viable hub because of that.===>>> tottaly agree with you on that but what i suggest dont affect that ... as i say the all player must have access to the closer to their capital HUB

3. Whatever you do if someone is interested in trading the first answer in gc is gonna be Centrum ... And you can't fight that.===>>>> for now i agree but what would be your anscer if there was not centrum what would be the centrum in that case / you would not know for sure exept if you had 150 traders .

So if you want your close by bub to be active, put some buying order (not selling) with higher price than centrum/hope ridge, that way you might advertise and get some more people active there.====>>> why to spend my money on this??? whats the profit for me ??

The illy trader has in my view a really short term eye on profit and after investing 500millions in buying orders in hope ridge, when they started, I really saw that most "traders" just put selling orders there and didn't try to make it more active. In the end all my business is done in centrum====>>>> i could not be more AGREE with that .... thats what i trying to say .. you wanted to be a trader and you could not since everyone know the prices at the certum
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 13:46

indeed since there is centrum , i say what if there was not

Then the community would find a hub that does essentially the same as Centrum. Bigger alliances have dedicated trade hubs - the same would happen with all of Illyriad. Why? Because its easier, convenient and efficient.

no they will be able to find to their local hub what they need to be able to craft much closer to them comper to now since a trader will want to take advantage of them since they will not be able to see the fixed price at the centrum

They won't. I think you are not getting the problem. There are a lot of rare resources in Illyriad with maybe 5 people or less supplying it. And maybe 5 people buying them. Splitting it up all over Illyriad does not work.

in real life if you are not a real trader you buy expensive stuffs from the local HUB if you are a real trader you know or you think you know where the cheap stuffs  are ( where is the centrum )
I was not talking about expensive stuff but rare/specialized stuff. It doesn't make sense to sell raw diamonds at the local farmer market where nobody is going to buy it.

no its because you know the prices at the central market so you want to buy close to them and the person want to sell knows that you know the prices at centume and that can not take advantage of you and selling increasing price so he dont sell at local 

As and in real life of the medevial era the trader was not a transporter but take advantage of the fact that you don t know how much he buy what he sell s you 

We are in a modern age now. Its easy to get information. With or without Centrum.

Edited by Thirion - 22 Mar 2022 at 13:48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic