Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has Elgea stagnated?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Did the opening of TBL trigger a stagnation of Elgea?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [27.27%]
3 [9.09%]
2 [6.06%]
1 [3.03%]
3 [9.09%]
15 [45.45%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 12:39
Originally posted by Berde Berde wrote:

Stormcrow suggested if we had fresh ideas for tournaments rather than repeating an old one, to put them in the Suggestions area.

I distinctly got the impression that we won't be seeing any tournaments unless we do the creative work. Personally, I'd be happy with a repeat at this juncture.

I prefer repeat every year on fixed dates rather than new creative ones. 

TomBombadil View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomBombadil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 13:41
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

I prefer repeat every year on fixed dates rather than new creative ones. 

Agreed, I'd rather have the same annual King of the Square tournament and a new creative tourney every 5 to 6 years, instead of only a new creative tourney every 5 to 6 years.

And Elgea has always been pretty interesting.. you can't throw a rock at a trove mine without causing 26 different confederations to go to war with each other..
But I much prefer the Broken Lands.. oddly enough even with all the land claims there you can still throw lots of rocks all over the place without starting WWIII. Much more room to try new things without the enforced we-will-teach-them-our-ways-of-peace-by-force! attitude of the old world.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 18:13
Opinions.. meh.. will it really change anything if the Devs are not doing/ready to change anything?

Opine all you want on what it should be, could be.. but we don't jump until the Devs say "Jump" and we respond with "how high?"

Stagnant, active.. we're here, some for the long haul of relaxation and the pace it is.  So for all the excitement, we are on our own. And some PvP is going on to relieve the heft of troops, via War of Walls, NPC Hunting Tournaments and the like. 

But that's a lot different than say, a Dev Tourney, (really wouldn't mind myself), some repeat of mix up of some we've had already. That usually includes ALL alliances to make a plan for it and for alliances to outweigh the other (accordingly to strength).

If this was a post to be critical of the game itself, I shall not post an opinion. I'm here, you are here.. I don't think people work hard on negative forcing.  Just sayin'

Edited by Diva - 24 May 2015 at 02:31
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 18:33
Since BL opened in response to LoU closing, I would be curious to know how many LoU players we actually retained at this point.
ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 22:24
Blinky the Berserker said: "Stagnation wouldn't even be bad. It's definately better then a downward spiral of senseless forum filling opinions that hardly anyone cares for"  to which I must ask, "Does Blinky include his own "senseless forum fulling opinion" about "senseless forum filling opinions?"  LOL 

If one want's his opinions respected it's usually best to respect the opinions of others and let them have their say...that way they will feel like your own comments are worth the reading.  Respect breeds respect, don't you think?

AJ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic