FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHarness The Elementals - Introduction Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
skam2423 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 21:05
totally agree with your comment, for beginners of less than a month we are totally out of this one.
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 09:40
mmmhm, i think SC and TC need to think of a way to throw a tourney exclusively for newe people only.
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 10:10

Most tourney's are only going to be competed for by those players with 4 or 5 cities plus, I guess, although newbes can join in the fun if they want and get some battlefield Xp. Even so ranking is going to be decided by the "old sweats" in the end.

In fairness to the devs I don't think they have neglected the newbes; who can enjoy themselves with "The Order of Allembine" (Statues) and  "Steaming Brewery"  quests both of which bring diplomatic and resource rewards that a new player can benefit from.

And then again there is currently the mystery of the moment The Heart of Corruption ...Ying Yang

Plenty out there for new players to have fun  with.

Tournaments are generally for the mostly honourable  top 10 alliances to play for ...and Harmless? to cheat at ( sorry Starry & co couldn't resist that little bump LOL)
John Louis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 17:34
Ho can I find out more about the Steamers Brewery, I've never come accross that. Can someone please explain?

Cheers Mateys!!!
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 17:45
Originally posted by John Louis John Louis wrote:

Ho can I find out more about the Steamers Brewery, I've never come accross that. Can someone please explain?

Cheers Mateys!!!

Steamtastic Brewery is located at [-513|-96] and is another of the mysteries scattered around the Illyriad landscape, the most famous of course being the Ancestral Statue Hunt mystery. If you send a suitable number of advanced spies at it (HINT: a lot more than 1, and I mean A LOT) you will receive the Gnome Brew discovery which enable you to produce beer for less food usage (20 instead of the usual 25). Doesn't sound much, but it all adds up.

Your spies will also be very red eyed and eager for a fry-up upon return to your city.
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 17:55
Originally posted by Smoking GNU Smoking GNU wrote:

mmmhm, i think SC and TC need to think of a way to throw a tourney exclusively for newe people only.

In what universe in online gaming  that new players have a chance of winning a server wide tournament? I would say thats part of the reason I'm chugging along, I want to be able to participate and have a fighting chance. It encourages new players to stay within the game.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 22:04
Thanks a lot Manannan.
Do you know where I can go to read up on all the different mysteries there are (and their corresponding rewards), or is it a case of sending spies out to different sites of interest and trying my luck?
Is the Brewery unique, or are there others (i.e. like crooked houses and places of high sacrifice)?
Your comments would be very welcome indeed.
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 22:37
There are 5 mysteries I'm aware of, but I'm still searching:

The Ancestral Statue Mystery 
The Steamtastic Brewery
The Temple of Reason
The Heart of Corruption (also know by several other names, some not polite)
The Fortune Teller

The first one is covered in the wiki. The second I answered earlier. The third takes a little (a lot really) explanation and I believe Kurdruk may have explained it in his blog. Make sure you have a strong coffee on stand by before reading. The Heart of Corruption has us all currently stumped as anything (armies, diplomats, commanders, small children, trolls etc.) sent to it is lost forever and it grows! Yes commanders are lost forever if you send an army so the general advice is just ignore it for the moment whilst we all think how to kill it. The Fortune Teller is a new one in the last few days. I have no information on this to share atm as the damn thing moves about so I can't get diplomats to it. Whenever I find it it moves again before anything gets there! Angry

Crooked Houses and the High Sacrifice nodes are normal NPC spawning sites. The Fortune Teller is well disguised though as it is identical in all but name to the Gypsy Camps. It is not an NPC node though (I think) as it does move and a normal map tile is left in its place. SC keeps dropping hints there are more out there to find and as I find any I usually let people know, although not always immediately. Beer
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 23:18
THANKS VERY MUCH AGAIN MATEY!!!
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 04:27
Well I got two elemental s ( with the usage of 975 kobolds) so i can receive 40 free prestige..

i need more ele's, i must have more prestige!
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic