Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAN B|B STARK Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twilights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 20:28
I question larger accounts from outside alliances getting involved...make certain you don't try this tactic in my backyard and it might be time for broken land alliances to start uniting to take protective measures land claim or not...harsh terms..leave the old lands out dated play up north....we got faction play down here..we don't need corrupt play down here! go play amongst yourselves!
mjc2 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mjc2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 21:12
first off this is my personal opinion and has not been aproved by T-SC.  

i have to agree with jejune on this one, i think it should have been a white peace as well, personally i was about to jump out of T-SC to help Han regardless of what others said when i saw what those terms were looking like but when i finally had time to catch up on all the news on the war the treaty was already signed.  as for the counter offer from AJ with the high/BB peace, what is he thinking?  BB offered him great terms, sign the treaty, end the war and rebuild for later, dont force grudges and have some fun.
Bimoda View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 21:15
Jejune, you are entitled to your opinion, but HAN, as the aggressor in this conflict is paying the price for that aggression.  It is immaterial as to whom joined in.   They thought they were going to take care of a weak target, took a calculated risk and failed.  There are penalties to pay when this happens.   If there were not repercussions,  every alliance would have incentive to attack another alliance and if they failed say "Hey, my bad" and skip out without penalty.

As for not settling in STARKs DoH, it was a consequence of their own actions.  STARK abandoned their LC stance and publicly stated that they would not impede alliances from settling outside of 10 squares.  HAN, showing that they were going to be aggressive,  was required to forfeit that option.  HAN didn't have to ask for peace, they didn't have to accept the terms once they did.  
Bimoda - Dragon Fairy: Illyria Fairy Nation [FAIRY]
Bimoda View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 21:23
Twilights, this game is built upon relationships, politics, alliances, confederations and so on.  I don't think that you will ever see (we never have in the past) a time where players outside of an alliance won't come to the aid of others.   I am a true sandbox player.  I have nothing against an aggressive style of play.  But the smaller, newer alliances will need to learn what the established ones have long ago.  You can't judge an alliance/player by their current size.  You need to consider who else might become involved.  You need to politic, you need to have intelligence on the other side, their friends, their friends friends.  You need to know who you can count on.  You need to know who may flake on you.   And that is part of what makes Illy so intriguing.

Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

I question larger accounts from outside alliances getting involved...make certain you don't try this tactic in my backyard and it might be time for broken land alliances to start uniting to take protective measures land claim or not...harsh terms..leave the old lands out dated play up north....we got faction play down here..we don't need corrupt play down here! go play amongst yourselves!
Han Dynasty View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Han Dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 21:48
Originally posted by Bimoda Bimoda wrote:

Twilights, this game is built upon relationships, politics, alliances, confederations and so on.  I don't think that you will ever see (we never have in the past) a time where players outside of an alliance won't come to the aid of others.   I am a true sandbox player.  I have nothing against an aggressive style of play.  But the smaller, newer alliances will need to learn what the established ones have long ago.  You can't judge an alliance/player by their current size.  You need to consider who else might become involved.  You need to politic, you need to have intelligence on the other side, their friends, their friends friends.  You need to know who you can count on.  You need to know who may flake on you.   And that is part of what makes Illy so intriguing.

Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

So where were you half a year ago? You're right, you need to know politics. You didn't care about the Han HS conflict that was started by Phoenixfire then because it didn't aid your political agenda. 

This isn't someone interfering to protect some poor, down in the dirt alliance. This is a group of players  alliances expanding their political influence. It is as simple as that.

Edited by Han Dynasty - 01 Aug 2015 at 21:54
The official forum profile for Han Dynasty.
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 21:58
Do you know what this 'peace' treaty reminds me of? The Treaty of Versailles, which later on caused the embittered Germans to rise up and fight WWII.

You know what they say, "those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, while those who do learn from history are doomed to watch those that fail to learn from history repeat it."

Jejune is right, there should have been a white peace.
I support the Undying Flame!
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 21:58

Jejune, you are entitled to your opinion, but HAN, as the aggressor in this conflict is paying the price for that aggression.  It is immaterial as to whom joined in.

I respect your opinion on this Bimoda, but I don't agree. It is not even disputable that Hawk joining Stark and breaking Han's siege, plus the addition of yourself and a couple other WoT players with a large footprint in the BL, precipitated Han capitulating. Ask Han and they will tell you the same.

They thought they were going to take care of a weak target, took a calculated risk and failed.  There are penalties to pay when this happens.   If there were not repercussions,  every alliance would have incentive to attack another alliance and if they failed say "Hey, my bad" and skip out without penalty.

There are similarities here to the recent war that my alliance was in against your former alliance Stomps. Stomps did substantially more damage to SIN and other land claiming alliances than Han did to Stark; Stomps razed He-Man's city in Elgea and destroyed hundreds or thousands of troops. Where they were able to be competitive, they fought very well -- yourself included. 

We didn't impose any gold remuneration on Stomps or any player whatsoever. I know that charging gold is something that has been done in the past in Elgea, but in the BL, we are trying to set a new precedent where gold and cities don't need to be offered up as surrender terms. In both wars SIN has been in, gold and the loss of cities have not been a part of surrender.

Han accepted the terms and have agreed to pay the 20 million or whatever in gold. I think it would be a great gesture on Stark's part -- who are after all a BL alliance -- to either cancel that term or give that gold back.

Edited by Jejune - 01 Aug 2015 at 21:59

phoenixfire View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 22:19
The Gold isn't actually meant for Stark alone as many of you are thinking. When i said "anyone" i meant it. So Botchface, Evilbanking7, Constantine, Nero, Myself, Hawk, and Metal aswell as anyone who lost troops in the war regardless of side will be receiving the gold to rebuild.
Bimoda View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 22:21
Please don't take this the wrong way or as be-littlement, but neither alliance or the war that you're speaking of even made a blip on my radar 6 months ago.   Neither group was related diplomatically to me or my alliance and geographically, we weren't close.   I do monitor many alliances as part of my duties to Fairy, but to be perfectly honest, at that point,  all the players together in both alliances didn't have enough pop to even equal me by myself, and I'm not a large player.

Originally posted by Han Dynasty Han Dynasty wrote:

So where were you half a year ago? You're right, you need to know politics. You didn't care about the Han HS conflict that was started by Phoenixfire then because it didn't aid your political agenda. 

This isn't someone interfering to protect some poor, down in the dirt alliance. This is a group of players  alliances expanding their political influence. It is as simple as that.
Bimoda View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 22:27
Jejune, BL is not isolated in a vacuum.  There are players and alliances that span both continents.  There is easy flow (barring travel time) between both.  You can attempt to change the ways wars end, but you cannot dictate it barring total decisive victory and forcing your terms on the other side.  

Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

Jejune, you are entitled to your opinion, but HAN, as the aggressor in this conflict is paying the price for that aggression.  It is immaterial as to whom joined in.

I respect your opinion on this Bimoda, but I don't agree. It is not even disputable that Hawk joining Stark and breaking Han's siege, plus the addition of yourself and a couple other WoT players with a large footprint in the BL, precipitated Han capitulating. Ask Han and they will tell you the same.

They thought they were going to take care of a weak target, took a calculated risk and failed.  There are penalties to pay when this happens.   If there were not repercussions,  every alliance would have incentive to attack another alliance and if they failed say "Hey, my bad" and skip out without penalty.

There are similarities here to the recent war that my alliance was in against your former alliance Stomps. Stomps did substantially more damage to SIN and other land claiming alliances than Han did to Stark; Stomps razed He-Man's city in Elgea and destroyed hundreds or thousands of troops. Where they were able to be competitive, they fought very well -- yourself included. 

We didn't impose any gold remuneration on Stomps or any player whatsoever. I know that charging gold is something that has been done in the past in Elgea, but in the BL, we are trying to set a new precedent where gold and cities don't need to be offered up as surrender terms. In both wars SIN has been in, gold and the loss of cities have not been a part of surrender.

Han accepted the terms and have agreed to pay the 20 million or whatever in gold. I think it would be a great gesture on Stark's part -- who are after all a BL alliance -- to either cancel that term or give that gold back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic