Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zork2012 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: H? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities
    Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 13:31
At the time of this writing 2 smallish players from ICON have sieges inbound to thier cities. H? is now stooping to an all time low by doing this. I tried to comunicate with H? and this was thier response.
These small players are settling an island here http://uk1.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-704/-654
These players pose no threat to H? and they are more than 50 squares away from the nearest H? member.
This is a dasterdly deed by H? and I would hope that the community here can apply whatever political pressure they can to stop this.
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 13:33
Wait.... What was their response
Zork2012 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 13:43
they sent sieges as a response
Zork2012 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 13:46
Let me explain a little better, I recieved a IGM asking why army camps had popped up around the cities I have given a link to, when I sent mail asking what was the purpose of thiese camps, sieges were sent in response. Honored Mule had read my mail before the siege was sent. The larger of the two victims is only at about 1300 pop
LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 13:54
This isn't new. H? have already destroyed a series of ICON settlements on another island that were attempting the same thing.

I've just written another post, pointing out that H? are in effect medieval rulers, not modern moral arbiters - they can afford morality only if they can first preserve their power. I won't repeat it here, but if anyone's interested: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/lap-ornament-suspended_topic2649_page3.html

This has nothing to do with morality, and everything to do with power. I personally have a lot of sympathy for the ICON guys - no-one wants to have their cities steamrollered by the massed armies of our de facto rulers - but a few minutes thought will reveal why ICON's island-fortress policy is a threat to H?, and so it's pretty clear why H? are doing this.
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 13:56
Sounds typical.

I expect they had sent the camps for seiges anyway, but your mail prob reminded them to send the seige armies out.

Either that or they were hoping you would attack the camps so they could cry you were bullying them and then send the seiges.
Zork2012 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 14:01
We at ICON didnt like losing the cities at the other island but we could see H? point on that one, we were right at 10 squares from 1 of thier cities. Ok, np.
This is completely different, these two players are both small and niether has done anything to deserve this kind of treatment. Say what you want about me and Jude.

LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 15:09
I will be watching this thread with interest. A couple of evenings ago a big alliance leader was claiming on GC that he would militarily punish Squill (OCON) for Squill's aleged thefts from smaller players. A few months ago I recall quite a lot of people wanting to punish _[oh gods, I can't even bring myself to type it, but everyone knows which obnoxious jerk I mean] for attacking Ber[oh gods no, I can't type that either]. I'm sure I've seen many people hailing the community for its steadfast defense of small members.

So, in the forthcoming days I expect that lots of people will be reading this thread and

demanding the immediate punishment of Harmless?

performing mental and verbal contortions as they try to avoid admitting their hypocrisy as they avoid criticizing H? over this

deciding not to respond.

Personally, I'm not going to criticize H? I appreciate their need to balance principle with the need to maintain their power advantage.

But I am amused by the light this casts on those who are so keen to use morality as a smokescreen for aggression when it suits them.

Edited by LordOfTheSwamp - 29 Oct 2011 at 15:54
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 16:09
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

Personally, I'm not going to criticize H? I appreciate their need to balance principle with the need to maintain their power advantage.

But I am amused by the light this casts on those who are so keen to use morality as a smokescreen for aggression when it suits them.

The amusement or indeed the apparent cynicism of Kudruk/Lord of the Swamp are not as important in this thread as the concern that the community shows when smaller players are allegedly attacked by larger ones. Irregardless of who the aggressor may or may not be that concern must always be genuine.

The fact is that charges have been made against H? in general and HM has been mentioned in person.Let us here there side of the event. If the cities of smaller players can be preserved as a resu;t of a misunderstanding or misplaced event then at least the community will have achieved something.
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 16:37
It takes some 10 minutes to look on profile and names of besieged players to understand that they are alts created with idea to help cover that small island and made it safe for "real" ICON players to move.

There are 3 players on that island, one has 3 pop and is already suspended, other has 96 and named after TD, and 3rd is maybe "real" player (it was his choice to put him self on line of fire?)

Great improvisation from ICON in atempt to colonise that island but really lets  keep our objectivity.

Those acc are simply not newbies but tools for achiving military goal.

It is so scarry how people dont even bother to try and get them self informed on basic facts, it only takes few minutes to do so.

I personally think that ICON and StJude should be left in game, they add certain interesting aspect to both GC and game, but what really bothers me that far too often people from almost all alliances use forums to twist truth, that practis is dangerous, just remember that tomorrow it could be you who are slandered, this goes for all who insult StJude on GC when ever they can, and also those who attack H? with words when ever posible without bothering to understand what is going on.There is no real differens betveen two groupes, except sides that you have chosen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic