Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? attacking players at Standing Stones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 01:56
Yes, you'll win the t-shirt, but I know I won't look at that person in admiration or as any kind of military power in their size group.  Which is the real prize!
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 02:01
Originally posted by Jane DarkMagic Jane DarkMagic wrote:

I mean, where's the glory in winning a tournament because your alliance of big people strong-armed all the people in the smaller population league?

Because, if you're not first, you're last.

Darah View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 02:37
Maybe H? was trying to occupy the standing stones but you got there first and interfered.  So they had to destroy your troops!
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 02:39
Originally posted by Darah Darah wrote:

Maybe H? was trying to occupy the standing stones but you got there first and interfered.  So they had to destroy your troops!

If you look at the two players on the attack report, the attacker came from a different state.  Doesn't make sense to go to the farthest stones possible!  Just sayin....

Jane DM, general illy busy body
Starrbuck View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 03:17
I would just like to say that all this talk saddens me. And by talk I mean Ryelle implying that I was "Taken out of the tournament..." 

I AM NOT OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT. Cry

IT'S CALLED STAGING A COMEBACK! 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 03:23
Sorry, was referring to them killing your army and commander.  Best wishes for success in the tournament.
Eryn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 03:27
I just had to step in on this - a member of World's End who is close to me and myself, have been running into each other the whole tournament. We must be on at about the same time and we both were sending to the same stones. Both of us would check to see if the other was sending their armies out. But you couldn't always tell if they were headed for the same stones. Some times he would take my army out and some times I would take his out. There were a lot of IGM with 'sorry, didn't mean to take you out' and 'oppps, looks like it happened again'. We both would apologize and try harder next time. NO hard feelings - it happens. This is a game not real life. I'm not saying that some times (with some players) it is on purpose but not ALL the time. 
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 03:48
Originally posted by Eryn Eryn wrote:

I just had to step in on this - a member of World's End who is close to me and myself, have been running into each other the whole tournament. We must be on at about the same time and we both were sending to the same stones. Both of us would check to see if the other was sending their armies out. But you couldn't always tell if they were headed for the same stones. Some times he would take my army out and some times I would take his out. There were a lot of IGM with 'sorry, didn't mean to take you out' and 'oppps, looks like it happened again'. We both would apologize and try harder next time. NO hard feelings - it happens. This is a game not real life. I'm not saying that some times (with some players) it is on purpose but not ALL the time. 

I am sorry, I am having a hard time understanding what your point is specifically? If you read Kurdruk's post, the one at the top of the thread, I believe you will see that your situation and the situation you are referring to have very little in common. (Other than the fact that one player killed another player's army and commander that is...)

Edited by StJude - 17 Jan 2012 at 03:48
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 04:39
I think Eryn's point is that not every Harmless? player is participating in this tactic.  Perhaps there are even some H? players who are not comfortable with it.
Darah View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 06:08
Maybe they wanted to occupy every stone there was to win the tournament. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic