Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGoodbye Illy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 18:35
Would have been welcomed in the Crows if he had not participated in the war himself.

There are also plenty of other neutral alliances, or he could have merely left VicX, however I expect that he took an active role and therefore has been facing some vengeance from H.
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 20:04
I see the war as no reason to quit.. Message the leaders and ask terms for them to allow you to exit the war. Simplez? 

Sorry to see you go regardless.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 20:24
No really... I'm looking for a city... 

The Politician View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 20:58
If you didn't like the war aspect you could have just exodused your towns to the corner of the map and lived "peacefully", very simple...

Edited by The Politician - 04 Jan 2013 at 01:34
In war there are rules, in politics however, there are no rules.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 21:01
*Takes a good look at the huge list of alliances NOT involved in the war*

What the others said Afaslizo is correct ... what exactly would really be your problem in finding a peaceful alliance .?. I propose you stay in the game and join Tranquil Vision or any other peace-dedicated alliance ... they are really nice people and need friendly and experienced players like you. :)

Or a trading alliance ... or a training alliance ... or or or ... so many options, so many peaceful things to do ! :)
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 23:04
sorry to see you go, i always enjoyed reading your views even though i totally disagreed with them.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 23:56
I have some cheese to go with that whine.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 01:04
The behaviour expressed by some in this thread is abhorrent. Someone leaves on a critical note and too many people respond by making horrible remarks, non constructive criticism and insults.
If this person is leaving as a result of having all their progress shattered to pieces, then they obviously have cause to be bitter. If you can honestly objectively look at it; both sides believe they are fighting on the right side and for any to feel like it is necessary to leave as a consequence of losing everything, it should be handled with a bit of empathy and sensitivity. It should be the duty of Illyriad's community to make sure that this departing isn't an excuse to kick someone while they're down.
Even enemies can show respect.
Congratulations to those who actually managed to say goodbye like a decent person.
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 01:10
He whine that there is war in a war game, if he didnt want war there are a million ways to never notice it. 

Also being politically correct and always care and be sensitive is bullsh*t.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 01:18
Originally posted by Loud Whispers Loud Whispers wrote:

The behaviour expressed by some in this thread is abhorrent. Someone leaves on a critical note and too many people respond by making horrible remarks, non constructive criticism and insults.
If this person is leaving as a result of having all their progress shattered to pieces, then they obviously have cause to be bitter. If you can honestly objectively look at it; both sides believe they are fighting on the right side and for any to feel like it is necessary to leave as a consequence of losing everything, it should be handled with a bit of empathy and sensitivity. It should be the duty of Illyriad's community to make sure that this departing isn't an excuse to kick someone while they're down.
Even enemies can show respect.
Congratulations to those who actually managed to say goodbye like a decent person.

I'm pretty sure everyone doesn't want him/her to leave. Nobody in H? wants any player to leave. But taking a parting cheap shot at your enemy for actions that he or she chose that have consequences, just because he/she is losing has an amazingly diminutive effect on the sympathy factor...

If one were to say a hearty "goodbye" then I think you'd get a 100% "sorry to see you leave, mate!"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic