FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scan of BL.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scan of BL.
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 06:22
Today I used some JS code that scanned the map for salts and grapes_48 and gem and herbs and rare herb and minerals and hides and  paws_48 and equip_48. this took about 3 hours to do. The scan came up with 68,670 sqs that had one of those items on it. (currently = jan 25 20:00 to jan 26 6:13)

37,336 sqs in BL currently have normal minerals on it
20,522 sqs in BL currently have normal herbs on it.
1,493 sqs in BL currently have gems on it.
0 sqs in BL  currently have salts on it.
617 sqs in BL  currently have Grapes on it.
3,395 sqs in BL currently have hides on it
4,631 sqs in BL currently have skins on it
3,660 sqs in BL currently have rare herbs on it.
392 sqs in BL currently have gear on it.

Ones I have the res type of every gem in BL I will post the list on the forum. I may do the same for the rare herbs.  I will also scan the elgea part in a few days and will post the stats on it after I am done. For the elgea part if there is more then 1709 gems I will post all of them after scouted the ones that weren't already known 

(Currently known list of every gem in elgea http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/illy_gems.html)  I am able to clone that page and add in the BL mines should people want me to

Edited by kodabear - 26 Jan 2017 at 20:39
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 13:17
could your code be turned to the purpose of keeping statistics on the presence of elementals in Elgea? the devs have been deaf to our complaints, but i am beyond convinced that the geographic distribution of earth elementals has moved south, and it may be so for other elementals as well. my (until now) private suspicion is that the introduction of the Broken Lands has unintentionally skewed the distribution. the devs have repeatedly asserted that they've made no changes, and tracking the appearance of elementals across the map over days or months is far too much work for one crow.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 13:21
Koda, here's an idea before you go to the effort of scouting the Broken Lands mines. You can send a single miner to every unguarded mine. That will be enough to tell you what's on the square. The miners can even be prestige boosted once they are all moving. That would leave you with only the guarded mines to scout.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 16:21
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

could your code be turned to the purpose of keeping statistics on the presence of elementals in Elgea? the devs have been deaf to our complaints, but I am beyond convinced that the geographic distribution of earth elementals has moved south, and it may be so for other elementals as well. my (until now) private suspicion is that the introduction of the Broken Lands has unintentionally skewed the distribution. the devs have repeatedly asserted that they've made no changes, and tracking the appearance of elementals across the map over days or months is far too much work for one crow.

Yes i can scan the map for elementals(mapData.c). But due to the rules of the game against automate I can't update the statistics on the presence of elementals in Elgea on a daily basis. manually scanning the map for only elementals will likely go faster than scanning for gems due to it fact it won't be outputting as much and slowing my PC down. 

Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

Koda, here's an idea before you go to the effort of scouting the Broken Lands mines. You can send a single miner to every unguarded mine. That will be enough to tell you what's on the square. The miners can even be prestige boosted once they are all moving. That would leave you with only the guarded mines to scout.

I have zero miners out of all my cities otherwise, I would do this. We do have about 1001 BL gems that need to be scouted (which will take 26 to 51 cities due to the limit on how any scouts can be sent)  (maybe less as I still have a few gems list I have gotten from people to compare to the list. 

Edited by kodabear - 26 Jan 2017 at 16:24
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 18:36
After I compare the lists I am now down to 665 that needed to be scouted

Edit 486 gems left in BL that need to be scouted

Edited by kodabear - 26 Jan 2017 at 19:49
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 23:33
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

Are they all in one area or scattered - I have cities in jurgor and westmarch and can scout around. a list of co-ords yet to be scouted would help, unless of course you already have it covered.
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 23:46
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

Are they all in one area or scattered - I have cities in jurgor and westmarch and can scout around. a list of co-ords yet to be scouted would help, unless of course you already have it covered.

If I merger the list I was just sent not to long ago I am down to only 30 left that needs to be scouted
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 23:57
So that pretty much covers it then Smile
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 19:30

(Currently known list of every gem in elgea http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/illy_gems.html)  I am able to clone that page and add in the BL mines should people want me to

That would be very much appreciated if you could do that koda, all in one place Big smile

Edited by Yitshak - 13 Feb 2017 at 19:31
Samalander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samalander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 23:41
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

That would be very much appreciated if you could do that koda, all in one place 
  Question  
   Did this ever get  posted somewhere ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic