Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Broken Land Chatroom initiative (Powered by Slack)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broken Land Chatroom initiative (Powered by Slack)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Land Chatroom initiative (Powered by Slack)
    Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 22:28

Hello Illyrians, 

This initiative is to acquire better friendships as well as a platform to chat, outside of GC, AC and PC's, for those located in The Broken Lands.

A joint chat-room, with representatives from Alliances based in TBL, will allow for better trade, better and easier diplomatic relations, a quick way to message someone or get hold of a third party, to help you in whatever mission you are on as well as many other goodies.

Send me your e-mail and I will register you to the team

---
When I created the alliance Librarians [iNFO], I created a chat-room for my members in Slack to talk. The channel still exists and it would easy for me to add new members now. I thought we could use this as our chat-room. 

The really good thing about Slack, is that there are so many options and opportunities. Their slogan is "Slack: Be less busy - A messaging app for teams, who put robots on mars" -- I find it quite funny and well, it's just the best platform since Skype to use and its waaaay better, than Skype on the chat part (since you can't voice-talk in Slack) and with the notification options you can alter it around to your liking, not being bugged when you sleep or work with messages popping up. At the same time it can be awesome, since you can be cleaning the dishes when an important notification buzzes in, in your jeans pocket - Yes you can get the app on your phone too. Put the dirty dishes down, read the important message  go reinforce the town you need to reinforce because XX told you they needed backup...

For months now, I have been using Slack with great pleasure. The many things you can do, makes it fun, image links you post show up as pictures or youtube tracks can be played directly from the Slack Platform. 

---
I think I "sold" the product now. No need to rant on about how awesome it is... All I need, is for YOU to participate in this great idea. For YOU to join up with me and the other people in The Broken Lands who are using Slack to chat with each other.

During the next few days I'll customize the chat-room further, invite people who sent me their e-mail and see how much interest this topic gets. The idea was to improve relations and socialize more across alliances without having to worry about everyone watching what you chat about in GC allowing for a more free talk. 

Send me your e-mail to PublicRelations http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Communication/ComposeMail/160656 
and I will register you to the team
The team is called "illylibrarians" -- if you have any issues, 

Slack is the future. Join us

Regards,
Josh

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 22:31
Instruction:

You can find slack here: http://slack.com/
Download, run installation, install in whatever directory you want, run the app.

Once you got the app open, you get the option to "Sign In, Continue" or "Create a new team".

You want to Sign in, Continue and enter in "illylibrarians" in the empty field. 
If you sent me your e-mail and I have registered you, you should be able to enter the room.

See you there!

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 22:31
......with the tournament around the corner, this is also great timing for everyone! 
Jump in

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Lifeless View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 22:35
Great job! I'm in this boat! :D Can't wait to see everyone.
The Undead God, Lifeless
Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:24
I'm pretty sure I introduced Slack to Shark when Josh was still a member. It's good to remember something positive from those times. He he.
Leinad__ View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leinad__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 02:17
Is it active? how many members in it? i m wondering about joining the chat community :)
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 12:47
I'd be interested if you'd use a more common tool (or at least one I have already).
EG Skype.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic