FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Send in your stories for the Herald!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Send in your stories for the Herald!
    Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 16:17
If you have noticed that the Herald has not changed content in a long time, there's a reason. Writing new chapters in a story that is already many thousands of words is tough, especially if you are a busy orc like Rikoo! So, the Illy team thought it'd be a cool to ask the community (that's you!) to pitch in their own stories based around their cities, commanders, or exploits.

So, here's what we're asking and what we're giving:

Send in your best short story -- around 500-1200 words -- to community@illyriad.co.uk and the team will pick one per month to publish in the Herald. It will be there in the Herald as the first thing for all players to see, until the next one is published. 

If we use your story we will give you 250 Prestige and GM Cerberus will design custom art for your winning entry! If we receive several great stories one month, we might just use the good ones up before moving on to new ones. 

If you have any questions, email above, contact GM Rikoo in game, or ask here in this thread.

Remember - do not post your stories here. Send them to the email above! 

Good luck!

GM Rikoo

EDIT: Forgot to add a date for cut off for when we will start choosing. Let's say the first choices will made after the 15th of this month! (Feb.)

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 25 Feb 2017 at 17:10
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 16:27
Who is going to make sure the lore is all accurate?  Will the player council have to reform?  
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 19:18
Originally posted by Artefore Artefore wrote:

Who is going to make sure the lore is all accurate?  Will the player council have to reform?  

We'll probably want stories that are based more on characters and their cities, but we would be sure to ask if we needed clarification. No reform, though. :)

Rikoo

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 23:43
You couldn't reform me if you tried! Wink
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 13:17
Can you send in more than one story a month, or a new story each month? I have 8 cities so 8 stories a month is quite possible for me.

Also: "Will the player council have to reform?" When did it disband? and did anything come of it, I don't remember reading any posts or anything.
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 14:35
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 03:09
It's been a couple of weeks since the deadline...I hope that means the decision is difficult due to the number of quality entries and not that this has been forgotten.
Bonfyr Verboo
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 03:31
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

It's been a couple of weeks since the deadline...I hope that means the decision is difficult due to the number of quality entries and not that this has been forgotten.

Nope, we had a few days delay due to Cerebus making custom art for it (we decided to add this one) and then I did not realize that TC was going out of town for a bit for a very good reason, and so he will not be able to put it up until this week, if he has returned. I will be asking him tomorrow.

It was sort of weird having it come out on the 15th anyway, so this one will count as the month of March to keep it all even. :) Keep sending in the stories!

Rikoo

demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 09:52
Is the contest winner going to be posted? I don't want to write a story if the devs aren't even going to post them or award a winner. 
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 14:03
I have had the winner picked out, and the art work was finished. GM TC is getting to posting this, but he had some travel issues and will be taking a bit longer. 

Sorry for the wait, all!

As soon as it is posted, you'll see it in the Herald and announced.

Rikoo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic