Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alliance location/change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 16:38
TRIVIUM, in Oarnamly is centralized on Hope Ridge of the Illyria trade Council, a mixed race, across the board neutral (all zeroes) faction. I'd imagine that will play out at least okay, regardless of the outcome of "Factions Live." The other two faction hubs in the vicinity of our hub (and therefore our claim) are somewhat more worrisome but are still within acceptable parameters with respect to the standings of all races. The worst that can be said about the two is that they would not be great locations for trade and that just won't matter since we do our trade in Hope Ridge.

I really do hope the faction element adds a real kick in the pants to Illyriad but I'm skeptical at this point that it will. There may be a couple of small pockets of activity, here and there but overall, without some evidence to the contrary, I think this will not cause any great change in the structure of alliances, nor will it even be required focus for gameplay. I think factions will be another option but that's as far as I'm willing to go at this point.
Bonfyr Verboo
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 17:14
I have a mail with a more detailed thought process, If you wish to have the full mail, please IGM me for it and i shall respond with it. 

V/R,
Jax View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 19:03
Your theory sounds cool and very possible lol. Just wondering if the gm's will make it possible to change the default racial standings for a faction though. In faction summaries, it says "default" for racial standings and it also show your standings as well as the alliances standings, so I'm guessing it'll be possible to change(as in better)?

Edited by Jax - 01 Aug 2015 at 19:05
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 04:50
I predict that a year from now everything will be pretty much the same.

I would be delighted to be wrong though!
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 09:54
This post is going to be a bit long, and I would like to get some confirmation from the GM's that my thought process for factions is close to being right, however here it goes:

Factions are influenced by multiple things, 
1. your race, 
2. your alliances race composition, 
3 your alliances and your interaction with other factions that one faction has interactions with, 
4. and your interactions with that one faction. 
All these will be factors on how friendly or not friendly you will be with a certain faction, this will be very complex. 
So for an example I shall choose the illians for the faction you want to be friends with, the alliance is a pure elven alliance, by default you will have a +10 alliance and an individual faction standing with them, since you are an elf for this example. 
Your alliance is based in illians lands and you are friendly with them, so you do whatever the devs choose to make your faction standings go up. (Here comes the complex part) By making your faction standings go up with the illians your standings with the Lyrians and the Turyians will go down, due to them being negative standings with the Illians, additionally, since the turyians are not friendly with clan beaglah, your faction standings will go up with them and so on. This by a default means that you can not be friendly with all factions.

Here I am going out on a limb a bit and guessing, however it is an educated guess, look at the Llwcharion
and read their faction summery, they seem to be hinting at terraforming, therefore if you become good friends with them and do the faction quests, i foresee the ability to learn from them how to terraform. Each faction seems to have some hidden ability and by focusing on that one faction to become friends with means that you become specialized in that ability, hense why i made some of the predictions I had made. 

If the devs could please make a comment on at least the faction part, not my guessing part it would be greatly appreciated to see if I am close on the faction interactions. Not the hidden parts.  
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 09:57
Another point that I was remiss about is if you are in a pure racial alliance and you add a different race, it will change your standings with other factions and could cause major issues for some factions, that is a major thing to be watched is how big of hit it will be with not pure alliances get and if that could be overcame at all or not.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 14:49
if a player in an alliance goes over the -35 limit, (s)he might have to change alliances to regain access to goods held at a faction hub.
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 16:24
Originally posted by demdigs demdigs wrote:

This post is going to be a bit long, and I would like to get some confirmation from the GM's that my thought process for factions is close to being right, however here it goes:

Factions are influenced by multiple things, 
1. your race, 
2. your alliances race composition, 
3 your alliances and your interaction with other factions that one faction has interactions with, 
4. and your interactions with that one faction. 
All these will be factors on how friendly or not friendly you will be with a certain faction, this will be very complex. 
So for an example I shall choose the illians for the faction you want to be friends with, the alliance is a pure elven alliance, by default you will have a +10 alliance and an individual faction standing with them, since you are an elf for this example. 
Your alliance is based in illians lands and you are friendly with them, so you do whatever the devs choose to make your faction standings go up. (Here comes the complex part) By making your faction standings go up with the illians your standings with the Lyrians and the Turyians will go down, due to them being negative standings with the Illians, additionally, since the turyians are not friendly with clan beaglah, your faction standings will go up with them and so on. This by a default means that you can not be friendly with all factions.

Here I am going out on a limb a bit and guessing, however it is an educated guess, look at the Llwcharion
and read their faction summery, they seem to be hinting at terraforming, therefore if you become good friends with them and do the faction quests, i foresee the ability to learn from them how to terraform. Each faction seems to have some hidden ability and by focusing on that one faction to become friends with means that you become specialized in that ability, hense why i made some of the predictions I had made. 

If the devs could please make a comment on at least the faction part, not my guessing part it would be greatly appreciated to see if I am close on the faction interactions. Not the hidden parts.  

I disagree that the summary for the Llwcharion hint at terraforming at all.  It specifically says "The Llwcharion made for the northern deserts. Here, with resourcefulness and geomantic magics they coaxed a little food from the desert."  This suggests they have great ability in the geomantic magics and if there is to be anything learned from the Llwcharion doing faction quests, it will be in the field of geomancy.  
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 18:51
even if llwcharion doesn't, that doesn't mean Tor Gorrak Part of Clan Bealagh doesn't have terraforming magic in it, or the Arakvar's city of Kzrik doesn't have magic in it, factions have hidden abilities, we just need to open them when factions go live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic