illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Claims of Ignoration of Claims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 23:00
Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

Well you looked at the map and said: I like this place, I'll write a message in the forums and say it is mine. It does not matter to me that it is empty. It's mine. I'll write a message in the forums and from this moment onward no one else but me can place his cities there. it's mine.
Based on this, I can assume you either haven't bothered to read TVM's claim or are referring to another.

I know it's easier to see all who irk you as one, but we are not all the same. We do not all have the same motivations and our actions are not the same. It seems to me very strange that specific definitions are completely ignored in an effort to appear "strong" and that certain roads are bypassed simply due to an elusive pride. Some who could have easily done the same have taken a few minutes to read and found a road large enough for anyone with eyes to see.
Bonfyr Verboo
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 23:53
At the time I joined WoT late 2011, I was not privy to details of the Alliance. And then the old guard just walked out. The only one who may have more knowledge of WoT history is Manannan.

What runs WoT today doesn't run on the old history of others that ran WoT. King Korr was JUST as new as me. King Korr and Dunedane ran WoT for a while, then RL for Dundane has taken precedence. Leadership was basically his for his time in WoT. No longer there often, then King has taken the lead role, asking me to back him.

So those that know the history of WoT relationship with Dark at that time, I believe only Manannan and vets of Dark probably know. Or it is posted around these forums.

"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 06:45
Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

gosh halcyon I am going to call you out on this...in last war we cleared out a whole area for exclusive expansion of dark empire....I gave chance for main and alt accounts to move but all permasats were seiged out....it was more than the dated silly ten square rule and was basically an expansion of the dark empire land claim....I might be wrong but were you not in leadership or was that durotan or kompanion? it wasn't Skype so plans definitely were discussed in ac and dlords and harm were on the receiving end...I suggest you review the past but there is nothing wrong in turning a new leaf and changing strategy but you shouldn't tarnish dark empires history by changing the facts....dark empire definitely played land claim strategy....the question should remain why the change of strategy?   what exactly is dark shade or their proxy alliance up to in broken lands and are they establishing a dark empire strategy while making sin look like the bad guys???y

Gosh Twi...
You seem to confuse land claim in time of peace with war. Two different things.
Dark under my leadership never had a land claim. You told me on several occasions: let's say that The Western Realms is ours and anyone who does not wish to join us must leave. I always told you no.
Both the Coalition-Consone war and the Great War were not about land claims. During these wars enemies - not neutral players inside our nonexistent land claim, enemies - who refused to surrender were sieged and either captured or razed. They were not our enemies because of any land claim and they were not sieged because they were in our nonexistent land claim. They were sieged because they were enemy combatants who refused to surrender.
Dark Shade's policy is unchanged from Dark's under my leadership: We settle anywhere we wish as long as the location is not inside the 10 squares convention. If it is, we ask for permission.
Dark Shade has a Broken Lands strategy which is not currently in conflict with SIN (to my knowledge, We did not discuss strategy with SIN's leadership). Land claims seems to be all the rage these days so that even fledgling alliances make them. these alliances can defend their claims only against similar fledgling alliances or unallied small players. Land claims by such alliances are more dangerous to themselves than to any established, strong alliance, but that does not mean that they have my support.

Edited by Halcyon - 30 Jul 2015 at 06:49
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twilights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:58
Halc its exactly what I am saying...dark had a land claim strategy which we used war as an excuse to clear vast areas of territories for ourselves and allies....if you remember I was against a public statement of land claim....my question to you is why are you against alliances publicly stating them? dark empire was always a cluster build alliance exclusively building in military sov locations...we were amongst the first to publicly declare a land claim and even if under your leadership we didnt continue to publicly state it we verbally veiled threat others that it was our area and aggressively recuited like minded players in gc.....i just dont think you clearly recall our strategy because in the end dark empire failed.......dark empires failure should be reviewed by current alliances especially the current land claimers and review the alliances that were involved in the western claim.....ly

Edited by twilights - 30 Jul 2015 at 12:00
ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 01:36
On behalf of my alliance, HIGH (The Sanctuary) we hereby announce that we intend to bring some cities to the western 1/2 of Almenly in the Broken Lands.  We are, in essence, notifying the Illy community that we will be treating that area our homeland   However, at the same time, we will allow anyone and everyone who wishes to settle in that area free access, including other alliances or individuals so long as they do not attempt to restrict our own growth.  So if you wish to settle in the middle of our cities, feel free to do so....just be aware that things may get more crowded there as we move in.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

AJ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic