illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Herbs and minerals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 01:37
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Only on the live map.

Pity. I can describe a more efficient method for most rare herbs and minerals, but you'd need a list of map locations to send them (or else a determined person with quite a bit of time on their hands).

I made a script that redefined the cursor keys to move the map location by twice the current zoom level so I got a completely new map each time. Due to my slow internet it still took 3 days to cover the entire world (I did have some time for sleep). That got me the locations but as you implied it would still need a visit to find out what particular herb/mineral was at that location and I never got round to that.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 05:25
Generate the links so that they are capable of the usual dispatch commands. From a large miner or herbalist city, send 1 unit to each position. After all of them are launched, prestige bump thrice. That will get you the contents of each unguarded location, sent to your notifications. I believe you can parse that as specific rare resources, straight from the API.

Guarded locations, you would have to scout.

Realistically, very few rare herbs and minerals are truly useful. Almost all of the useful ones are available somewhere on the map, with a few exceptions.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Dracoriad View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dracoriad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 13:14
"I made a script that redefined the cursor keys to move the map location ..."

I realize this is a bit old Tens, but it caught my attn because I was getting ready to ask you for a new durcTools feature. I would like to see a full Illy map based on the world map's tactical view - with the ability to zoom out so the map is screen width, and zoom in to the tile art level. And I thought the durcTools site was the perfect place for it since it should only need to be built once.

When I read this post I realized your script could be used to take the screenshots for building such a map. It would undoubtedly take more than the 3 days it took your script to walk Illy and the resulting map would be huge so compression might be an issue. 

There are two reasons for such a map:
  1. There are players, like me, who find it difficult to hold visuals in their head. The ability to see significantly more of the map a time would be a boon.
  2. I've done some screenshots of just a small portion of Elgia for this purpose. When you zoom out to the point when you can no longer distinguish the individual tiles the image is like a beautiful watercolor in muted green and browns. It's a nice bonus. Smile
DragonnSonng (formerly Dracoriad)
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 15:50
Complete map of Illy showing the combat terrains: https://illystuff.uk/astar/images/cbtTerrains.png
Doesn't have the ability to zoom apart from using the browsers zoom capability.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic