illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets make player made questing!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invictusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lets make player made questing!
    Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 19:09
This is a request I made long ago, and during the live Q&A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcoo3x9Mfnk&t=43m11s) GM Stormcrow seemed very excited about the idea.  The questing system is lacking.  If players had an ingame mechanic to create their own unique quest, Illy's depth could unfold exponentially.

Lets do it ourselves.  When the system gains popularity, perhaps the Devs will be more keen to add something similar officially.  

I'm afraid I am not the programmer I wish I was, or I would make this myself.

If anything just an excell spreadsheet could work?  With quest creator page having layouts for inputing coordinates and dialog boxes in multiple layers.  Creator could then lock behind password, or make public.  Quest taker page, would have all public quests listed, with the first coordinates being of that quest.

Hell.  It has been so long since high school q-basic.  But I am sure this can be done easily by someone that knows how.  

What suggestions do you have to make this happen?

Edited by invictusa - 09 Apr 2015 at 21:22
...and miles to go before I sleep.
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 19:09
This is a great idea. I've also asked about this in the past, and both TC and SC have mentioned (long-term) plans to create a scripting interface which would allow the larger community to create content for illyriad. Definitely a great idea, but I don't think it ranks very high on the to-do list.

I have an idea for a workaround, but it would require using a browser extension (like the defunct illytools) to inject content into the DOM.
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
Lotharblack View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lotharblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 20:06
Great idea

That is what sandbox gaming is all about
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic