illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A New Approach To Peace, Version 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 20:27
There you go, being all logical again... ;)
Yes...one would imagine that having beaten the ever living (**insert expletive here**) out of the alliance and reduced it to regional status, if they wanted one city from each of those players, they would...you know...send the next wave of sieges there as opposed to hunting other accounts to extinction.  Then again, that wouldn't properly satisfy all outstanding grudges.

Edited by Velociryx - 19 Jul 2014 at 20:30
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 20:57
Are we still talking about H? I count 7 regions they are populated in- within Illy and BL. 3 of which they are heavily concentrated in. I would hardly call them beaten. 

But back to the original post. Offering 4 towns from one person, when the demand is 4 leaders single towns is sort of like stating have little faith in those 4 leaders to solve the war, surrender or win- isn't it? 
How does that old saying go? The greatest war to be fought is not outside the tent but from inside the hearts of all who reside within {or something like that}.
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 21:25
H? has seen their total strength diminished by some 60%.  That's a pretty thorough drubbing, no matter how you slice the pie.
In the process of that, they went from being a continent spanning alliance to being in a tight cluster in the southern region of the continent...yes, their cities spill over into adjacent regions, but territorially, they are now essentially a regional power.
As to the second part...being outmatched some 5-6:1 at this point, there's no victory to be had.  The only question that remains is...how long until the community at large gets thoroughly fed up with the ongoing dogpile and starts making noise?
That process began with Arctic's original thread and grew with this one.
IMO, of course.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 03:32
Velo,

Why don't you just give up on this? Clearly, none of the parties involved are interested.

Also, if you really wanted to be peacemaker, you should have contacted the leaders involved in private, and not start a debate here. FTR, I have done so, and was politely declined by both sides. That's ok by me. 

Let it lie, man...

Edited by Captain Kindly - 20 Jul 2014 at 03:33
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 03:47
That's uh...pretty much what I'm doing.  At this point, just responding to the idle comments of others.  Kinda like...this. :)
Velociryx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velociryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 03:56
As a postscript though, I'll say that both of these threads have served their purpose, and thank you to everyone who has written me privately in support.  You know who you are, and I totally understand why you didn't feel comfortable enough to post here.

To my mind, that's proof positive that public sentiment about the war is changing.  Whatever support the Grand Alliance enjoyed in the larger community seems to be diminishing sharply.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kumomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 05:21
Thank you for the dialogue, Velo. It was very helpful and, imo, useful!

It's over now. So Here's to Peace!!! Cheers!
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 06:33
Thank you for your contributions toward peace, Velo.  Although you did promise to stop calling us the Grand Alliance.  Remember, it's "You Guys."

Wink

Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 08:20
Close this too Rik.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic