Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 18:46
Originally posted by Darmon Darmon wrote:

Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

The devs did say perma-sits will be dealt with sometime after BL and factions come out.

They did?  Can you site a source for this?  I just always assumed that this game is balanced for a single person controlling 6 accounts.  I mean, what other excuse is there for perma-sitting?

I asked GM Stormcrow in gc about the perma-sits and he said the rules regarding them will be fixed and are on a To Do list once BL and factions are completed.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 22:28
What he didn't say but those who have been around for a while know is that "once X is completed ..." is another code for "never."

Have fun out there.
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 00:29
Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

personally i am going to abandon my accounts and start over fresh in broken lands....40 castles per an account is just plain silly and it will take awhile for broken to get to the point that this side has become. hopefully the devs will have time to correct things before they become a problem in the new land areaWink
which ones of your 5?
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 22:25
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

What he didn't say but those who have been around for a while know is that "once X is completed ..." is another code for "never."

Have fun out there.

When you put off doing something more important until something less important gets done, I imagine that's the case.  

Also, are factions even coming along?  It seems like they'd be a relatively small portion of TBL, and yet we haven't really heard any news about them in months.
Kalculas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 15:17
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

This is by far the absolute worst warmongering game on the internet. I don't have a clue why someone would consider all-out war even an option here. But look on the bright side, i'm sure the warmongers will have dominion in BL.

This made me laugh because of my own browser MMO strategy wargame experience.  Illyriad is my third such game, after playing the other two for years each, and they make Illyriad look like a war training sandbox.  War was literally nonstop.  I'm still getting over the shock of widespread anti-bullying sentiment here as well.

I'm going to predict new powers arising in TBL.  Younger alliances with limited growth opportunities in Elgea would probably give up a small foothold there if they had to, while developing a larger foothold in TBL comparative to the larger alliances there.  I don't think alliances' player ratios will be the same on both continents.
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 23:42
All alliances have perma-sit accounts. Some use them as normal account: growing cities building armies, crafting things, making wars and tourny. Other use those perma-sit as cows, optimizing cities to just producing goods and gold.

Both ways are bad for the game (even if the latter is really worst because it permits to build some really uneven army).

I will welcome with Joy any rule change to drop really perma sitted account forever.
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 12:41
I could not agree more JJ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic