Topic Closed0 food squares in lower-right section of Larn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lucre View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 0 food squares in lower-right section of Larn
    Posted: 21 May 2013 at 21:42
Is this known already?  I'm guessing so since there are one or two villages there, but I haven't found any other topics covering it.

I noticed that the lower-right section of Larn has squares with normal resource distribution, except for food, which is set to zero, even for squares that look like they ought to be set at 5 or higher.

It appears to start at http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/970/-984 and continue all the way to the right.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 22:53
It's to stop people settling there to leave space for something in the future.  Probably Sirens.  Might want to avoid it, or be ready to fight.
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 00:33
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/985/760/10 is another 0 food area. Best guess is it may have to do with dragonkin.

Edited by Epidemic - 22 May 2013 at 00:36
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 02:03
From time to time "things" appear in these 0-food areas.  One example is the Rift in Ursor.  Maybe this will be a port to allow us all to communicate with the Broken Lands.

/me starts another completely unfounded rumor
Gon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 06:33
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/276/277              

I'd hate to be Sir Angus if a Dragon nest spawns there in the future.  I'm sure he'd much rather some Bovine related faction.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 09:24
I sent a pigeon to the offices of His Majesty King Sigurd of Illyria, concerning the planning for large areas of the continent.

The reply was fairly incoherent, so I expect it was written by a junior cleric. Anyway, from what I can surmise of the reply, its author indicates that the Kingdom is reserving the areas for two reasons: The first is that the Circle of Five has given warning not to settle in one of the areas. The second is for Planning purposes that cannot be divulged. There was then some waffling, that capping the Rift for a proposed redevelopment into a tropical 'arcology' (including extensive parks and gardens, merchants arcade, and an Orc city)... would be a bad idea, because the Undead would instead emerge from volcanoes throughout Elgea. 

I shall deposit the manuscript in the library at Tewhirria, should anyone wish to examine it for themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic