Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 22:29
I am glad someone spotted that  :)   
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 22:40
KP said it best. Joining a formal training alliance is a two-way commitment.

Obviously you can't stop an alliance from intentionally "poaching" your trainees before they finish. It does strike me as poor form. Dropping out isn't admirable, nor is it especially wise unless the new alliance has a proven track record of teaching new players. Any alliance that systematically encourages your members to leave without graduating could be considered faintly trollish.

I do distinguish systematic vs. occasional behavior. Sometimes people develop friendships in GC, and to me, it's cool if they choose to move. That's different from an alliance spamming your member list with unsolicited IGMs and invitations. That goes double if they disparage the training alliance in the process of convincing new players to move.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 23:06
Training alliances aren't meant to be permanent.  A player moved to his next alliance and will now grow/train with his 'final' alliance.  

I see absolutely no problem with this what so ever.  Your entire goal is for players to enter, get trained and then leave.  He was faster than than most good for him, we should be congratulating him with a thread, not this forum thread.  
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 02:51
I didn't read ALL the threads posted, but people "jumping ship" don't have to be newbs, it happens in all alliances big and small. People should play THEIR game, if a leader feels that they have been taken advantage of .. cut back on the EXTRA giving in the beginning .. we had to, but it's no promise that person won't leave you against advice and you feel scammed. You might have advised, resourced -- but the end game is the players

Our alliance, well established, too, had one jump ship after MANY months, and try to give us a slap of the trout worthy story yesterday.  There are IGMs amok in ILLY and you'll never know whose fishing whom.

I feel lose one ... gain another.  We personally don't talk people into leaving, nor do we chain an ankle to keep em. We just learn to cut back.
You cannot lay claim to a person's will. Loyalty is what you look for and that ain't promised either.

Soapbox crushed by my stillettos.
Nuff said,
D

Lemme add -- you have people DROP IN this game and quit next week, you have non-english speakers, and you have trolls and you have very young people .. as well being advised by their parents.. and adults with bad attitudes.. eh, just do the best with what you have.. give em your best without worrying the end result.

Edited by Diva - 30 Apr 2013 at 02:57
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 04:25
Originally posted by DeathDealer89 DeathDealer89 wrote:

Training alliances aren't meant to be permanent.  A player moved to his next alliance and will now grow/train with his 'final' alliance. 

^^ this exactly.

Now how does one reconcile this with the practice of poaching players? In most games poaching a player if frowned upon as rude. .. but if a player is in a non-affiliated training alliance wouldn't it be prudent for those recruiting in permanent alliances to do this? Would it still be bad form?

All a non-issue in this particular case now.. but my thought is that if an outside alliance initiated contact with those players they probably should have contacted Auraya and kept her in the loop. - M.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic