Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA New Change in Illyriad Game Play?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A New Change in Illyriad Game Play?
    Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 14:41
is there a change in illyriad game play? limited warfare has been common place this year. there also seems to be aggressive play to enforce castle territorial space. the rare resource areas seem to be battle prone. as more and more players reach the 10 castle restriction there seems to be more aggressive play. there also seems to be an element trying to restrict free speech in gc and in the forums. my question is, is it good for the game to have god like players and god like alliances in a game that never resets? how do others think this will affect the game play in the new broken lands?
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 14:47
Who are these elements trying to restrict free speech in GC and the Forums, other than the Devs?
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 16:16
I do not see that there has been much of a change in game play, there have always been a number of minor schirmishes in this game, whilst every now and then a large war breaks out.

Also I can not say that I am aware of any elements trying to limit free speach in the forums, merely the usual in which some players make silly claims (like I am being bullied because I kept attacking an unalligned player... its not fair) which are shot down by the community for being the idiocies that they are.

However, your question is in reference to supposed 'god like' players and alliances, care to point one out?  We have just witnessed the break up of what was most probably the largest confederated military force in this game, that being consone.  If an organisation like that still falls then there are no gods here.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 16:16
Originally posted by gameplayer gameplayer wrote:

my question is, is it good for the game to have god like players and god like alliances in a game that never resets? how do others think this will affect the game play in the new broken lands?

Ezqueez me?!

"god like?"  I am not "god like."  I am an Illy-God! LOL
Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 16:46
I don't think there are Illy gods, but there are still very powerful confederations.  

Currently there is The Coalition and The Crows.  While I would not equate military power to population power, Crows have about 34mil population.  As for The Coalition, if you go by listed Confeds then they have 31mil population, counting non-listed confeds active in the war then that number is bumped up to 40mil.  

I personally can attest that population does not equal military power, and that even a large confederation can fall.  While I am not all doom and gloom like Twi, I do think a few things have changed in Illy since I have started.
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 18:10
Its never good for any game to have extremely powerful players. Most games cure it by resetting, I do not want that to happen here! Some sensible limits to power and better defenses should help even the odds a bit.

I've never been very active in gc or any of the numerous tourneys. I really only woken up from my Illy 'sim city' existence this last 4 months. I do know the tone in gc has plummeted since that time. It's nowhere near as bad as the chatrooms i'm use to on other games though.

Edited by Epidemic - 06 Mar 2013 at 18:10
threefoothree View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 18:32
Originally posted by gameplayer gameplayer wrote:

is it good for the game to have god like players and god like alliances in a game that never resets?

i feel the possibility of reset goes away when players have spent money on the game to grow.  a reset means everything that player has grown using paid prestige would have been a complete waste of money, not to mention the time and dedication it takes to grow a successful account despite prestige and especially if you are not using prestige. 
i have watched small alliances become large, and i have watched large alliance crumble or dissolve, i see no need for the destruction of years of work. if anything i feel that the largest alliances keep the balance of peace. i feel a reset would make a lot of the smaller alliances much more aggressive since right now the alliances who would be aggressive can not freely be so.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 18:51
+100 Darkwords!
Teets View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 23:58
Bacon Lands will be this games 'Reset'.
Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 00:18
The reason these god-like players, alliances, and confeds have yet to fall is because everyone who has tried to oppose them, justified or otherwise, has gone about it all wrong. Their opponents have tried to beat them at their own game, with greater numbers, greater forces, greater military might and strategy, etc.

This is downright foolish.

Those who seek to challenge the powerhouses in Illyriad require:
1. good public-relations/communication skills
2. patience/advanced planning
3. cooperation
4. creative strategies

I've been here but a short while, yet I will be brutally honest: I have yet to see a "challenger" to the norm in Illy who possessed any of these skills to a sufficient degree. I'm sorry if that offends anyone here, but it is my true opinion.

Edited by Hadus - 07 Mar 2013 at 00:18
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic