Your Summary Global Rankings Account & Preferences Support Petitions History
Alliances Overview Find Alliance Alliance Recruitment Faction Summary
Prestige Buy Prestige About Prestige
Mail Notifications Forums Chat
bluesnake99 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 22:40
i have been having troble with my screen buttons stickin  and having to click on something else to get them to select  the command i have given it  i thought it was  chrome  so i changed to fire fox  is swhar better only because it dosent take as long to correct it self   i keep my computer matainted  and clear temp files  de frag  and also have a maxmizer program with windows,  have all my drivers updated please i got out of gc  i just want a peACEFULL GAME WITH NO BS OR CRAP POPING UP  I SPEND MONEY AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK ON PRESTIEGE,  SO IM NOT A DEADBEAT  JUST HAVE A BIG MOUTH SOMETIMES
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 22:46
Are you saying that you have to click twice on the icons to get them to work? Or that once they pop up they won't disappear (on the smaller icons)? I'm sorry I'm having a hard time understanding what the exact problem is.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 01:58
I have a similar problem, quite frequently. 

For example, I'll be in world map view, and decide I want to go to the Herald, but I click on the Herald button and it won't go. I have to then go click on a different main icon, THEN I can click on the Herald icon and it works.

bluesnake99 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 02:25
thanks beriaden  you can speak my english  with out being offensive,   i click on a icon button once it sticks   if i click on another buttion the screen will blink and switch  to the first icon i requested  the exzample i gave happened after i did this, if

Brisinger View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 06:06
I think I've seen the symptoms in the first post before. I believe it happened when there was lag in the connection to the server, so the page loaded improperly. I don't think there's much the developers can do about it, unless the lag is at the server side...

Edit: @Luna, I think that's what he got onscreen when he tried to navigate around the site, no background, just those icons.

Edited by Brisinger - 10 Mar 2012 at 06:08
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 08:04
Originally posted by Beriadanwen Beriadanwen wrote:

I have a similar problem, quite frequently. 

For example, I'll be in world map view, and decide I want to go to the Herald, but I click on the Herald button and it won't go. I have to then go click on a different main icon, THEN I can click on the Herald icon and it works.

This has been happening to me for quite some time. Normally I'd have sent in a petition but it happened so often I assumed others would send one in and took the lazy route lol. 
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 17:46
Part of the problem (have to click somewhere else before clicking a link will work) is caused by Illyriad's method of navigation using hashes in the url.  When you click on a link that matches what's currently in your address bar, nothing happens because Illyriad only loads pages/page contents when the url changes.  I find this an annoying case all over the interface, particularly in instances where I'm explicitly wanting to reload the current page content without doing a slower and page-state-losing refresh of the whole page.  Such content refreshes are often desirable to fix controls that frequently get broken, such as a building's upgrade page which claims the build queue is full after using instabuild, followed by a couple automated refreshes that tend to trigger before the server is ready to send the properly updated version of the page.

Users of Butler get to sidestep this issue because when you mouse over a link while Butler is active, it automatically compares the url against your address bar, and if they match, makes the link different by toggling the presence of a trailing slash to the hash section.  That way if you click a link, you're sure to be going to a new url and Illyriad will load the page.  (Since the trailing slash isn't treated as relevant, the same page/content is loaded either way.)
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic