illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why I'm leaving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ES2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why I'm leaving
    Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 02:22
Hello.

I grew up on this game. My childhood was average, but in high school I ended up being expelled from a private catholic school and spent the remainder of Sophomore year in early online schooling. That time for me was very hard and I didn't really have an outward support network to turn to, until I found this game.  I fell in love immediately. 

Over the years I would grow tired of different personas and make new ones off new accounts ( so I would have to suspend the older ones). I know a lot of people take pride in their multi year long accounts but I greatly enjoyed the process of making a new account and adapting it with the new philosophy of my character. 

Unfortunately, I have struggled with mental health issues and substance abuse issues (alcohol). I'm not really the person I was before and to be honest in the last year or so of playing I was more likely than not drunk. As an alcoholic you don't really see a difference but when you look back sober for a brief 6 hours or so after work you're like "wow, I can't believe I did that".  It really is a sobering moment when you can look back and then get ready in the next ten minutes to drink. 

I love this community with all my heart and soul. I think about it all the time. It's been 12 years or so and I look upon it and the community with the same wonder I felt oh so long ago. The game and politics has changed a lot, and at times I wish for the simpler days when I could blame crowfed for everything ( even though one of my accounts was in crowfed for quite a while). 

To the follow: LadyLuvs, Kumo, HonoredMule, Bonfyr Verbo, Iofilip, Myr, Stormcrow, and to me the most important Jejune. There are eighty other players I could name and think so fondly of, but you strike out to me as being influential in the game or helping a troubled youth. You really don't or will not ever know but in these first few years of playing it meant the world to me. 

I love you all and if this game is up when I both get clean and deal with my issues I'll see you again,
love
the Con Orc
Eternal Fire
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 09:11
I really wholeheartedly wish you the very best in dealing with your issues and hope that you are able to return at some point.

Tens
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 01:22
I've watched you grow up and struggle and fight through, and my hope is that you will use your fighting spirit to continue to overcome this challenge.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 10:37
Hello EF/Suba,

It has been a pleasure getting to know you through playing Illyriad. The first alliance that I joined was yours. We were small, based in Ursor and despite being a small account you inspired me to tag along for a little while. Again and again we stumbled across each other in the game, with every time being just as great. Thanks for being a good friend at times! I hope you can overcome the challenges of life. You are bright, intelligent and funny which is a good cocktail :) Get busy living <3

PublicRelations
HumanResources
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 03:13
EF, I hope all works out for you, good luck, and God bless
Wild View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 08:31

Thoughts with you bud, we have faith in your achievements :))

...Until we meet again, which we surely will!! 

DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 23:57
I realize now, that he posted this on April 1st. 

PublicRelations
HumanResources
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic