illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Caravan Function Expansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Isaac FireGlade View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac FireGlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caravan Function Expansion
    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 20:10
I use caravans alot for sending resources between cities, and i've noticed that this would be easier if there was also a pickup option to use as well, so instead of just send resources to city x from city y using city y's caravans, you could also use city x's caravans to pick up resources from city y.

Also can we increase the caravan limit from 70 to 100? i see that there have been a lot of research tree add ons lately especially in magic and crafting, can we expand the trade tree to?

(and one more side note, though this isn't very thought out, maybe a port trade function by waterways, with special ship units, maybe even naval battles? just a thought)
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 09:58
Thumbs Up years ago, when harvestable water sq. for food were introduced, grand ideas about boats, units able to travel on rivers were hinted to by the devs. We are still waiting...

Another idea which could be suggested: Flying NPCs, and units, weapons able to hunt these?

Hopper, aka Ibn..., Ada (and other presence in Illyriad since the creation of WET, now ACHE)

aka ibn(whatever), or computer science developers…
Silea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 05:21
My big ask on this is if we can get a discovery or something for hub to hub caravans.   maybe 5 per hub that can not go to cities.  
Ventidius View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ventidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 20:38
I agree with Isaac Fireglade's request to allow caravans to pick up goods on the return journey; caravans can pick up goods from the ground, so the precedent is there.
Historically, caravan owners dropped off and picked up goods all the time. 
Ventidius View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ventidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 22:14
I believe goods can be picked up from trade hubs by caravans so there is another precedent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic