FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some bugfixes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 12:03
Hey Rill,

You're absolutely right that there are often multiple sieges going on, and that they might always hit at roughly the same second, but the same millisecond is very rare, the event queue is linear, and - even if two events are due to occur at the same millisecond - the one that was logged in the table's incrementing identity key will take precedence before the other one.  The weirdness with repeating de-levelling (probably) only occurs because of a) overlapping concurrent threads, or b) a 1 to 2 millisecond latency in the database writes.

It's sorta like when something was due to complete at (eg) 23:55:55 and actually completes at 23:55:56.  In database world, it was probably due to complete at 23:55:55.998, but took 2 milliseconds to run, and so its completion time was 23:55:56.  If there was also an event due, on the same thing (eg a building, a sov) at 23:55:55.999 then I believe this is where the duplicates are happening.

I think I'll use all three options (current, a and b) simultaneously, and round-robin which the server chooses to use on each event.  I can then - after a month or so (as this isn't really a game-breaking bug) - look at the data to see which one solves (or diminishes) the issue best!

Regards,

SC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic