Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Devs: In my opinion it is time to add opt-in PVP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Devs: In my opinion it is time to add opt-in PVP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Small Boy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Small Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 16:06
My alliance is not PvP by any means. And I generally indulge in banter, but stay civil enough to avoid causing any conflict. But I also understand that there is no single best way of playing Illy. 
I would rather focus on good city placement, building up troop capability and defending myself, because that seems to be the way to keep playing. That and storing stuff in hubs.
But these are just my personal views.
Also, do you think there is going to be significant work done on Illy any more, unless it is a major glitch? I highly doubt it might happen.

Edited by Small Boy - 15 Jul 2021 at 16:07
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 09:55

A button that allow PVP or NOPVP

1)    1)  their difference would be that pvp can raze and capture others pvp and  NOPVP can not raze and capture  and can not be razed or captured ( exeptions abanon cities) 

2)    2)  every region has a tax for the cities in it about 8% wich NOTPVP cities in that region would have to pay

3)     3) the tax from that region will  splited at the PVP cities at that region

4)     4) pvp players can have allies , confed  with ONLY other pvp players , and NO pvp players can have allies , confed  with ONLY other NO pvp players

5)     5) a player car change the button once every only 2 specific days of the year  

so PVP players will have their  reason to war and fitgh for the territory and NOPVP will have their sanbox 

Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:13
You can opt out of pvp by hitting the abandon button. PvP isn't a seperate element from the sandbox, it's an integral part. 
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 07:24

3 OPTIONS

OPTION 1) “PVPAGAINSTALL”  As it is you can raze/ed or capture/ed every one /by every one

OPTION 2) “PVPOPTED”  you can t raze/ed or capture/ed by NOPVP players (you can siege and bombart them ) , you take an tax* from the region your cities are from the NOPVP players that in that region.

OPTION 3) NOPVPOPTED you can t raze/ed or capture/ed by other PVP or NOPVP players (you can siege and bombart them ) , you pay an tax* from the region your cities are

So “PVPAGAINSTALL”  option stay as it is but don t collect taxes and can be raze/d by all the oter options , “PVPOPTED” will take tax so they will have a strong motivation to expand and make wars and also to protect their region from “PVPAGAINSTALL”  player since they will want to collect the taxes from the big fat cities of the “NOPVPOPTED”,

The “NOPVPOPTED” will have to pay the tax but they will be safe from losing a city from at least “PVPOPTED”  they mitgh have to immigrand if an area has many “PVPAGAINSTALL”  players or very high tax* , or many thieves.

*tax : every “PVPOPTED” player set a tax rate from 0% to 50% , the average of the sum from all players in that region is the tax of the region that the “NOPVPOPTED” have to pay and this sum split to the cities of the “PVPOPTED”

Ex regionA has 2 “PVPOPTED” : PVPOPTEDa (2towns at region ) & PVPOPTEDb (10towns at region )

PVPOPTEDa set tax 50% and PVPOPTEDb set tax 10%

So the tax rate will be (2*50%+10*10%)/12= 16.66%

“NOPVPOPTED” cities taxes 100.000.000 * 16.66%= 16.660.000 taxes collected

16.660.000/12 pvp cities = 1.388.333 so every PVPOPTED city takes that amount

or PVPOPTED could have more options instead of tax these could be :

military production so at that region military production for NOPVP is decreased when for the PVPOPTED is increased

or research 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic