illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tourney Medals Criteria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gry View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tourney Medals Criteria
    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 20:24

Clarification please!

Team medals are awarded for participation involving:

A) Occupation time, contributing to overall win

B) Combat, potentially contributing

C) either, preferably

D) both

Thanks for answers! We have team members who did participate in the tourney and Occupied (contributing to team win) but did not receive a medal, and (anecdotally in recent tourneys) those who suicided troops without any occupation but Did receive an overall medal. This seems unfair, as all who contribute, especially to the overall minutes, should be rewarded, despite lack of regional competition.

Toru. View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toru. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 20:42
I agree that this is an important clarification to make. 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 06:08
As I recall, they have to be in combat. nCrow used to arrange to have a friendly neighbor run a one-unit army against the Tamarin square late in the tourney to get combat credit for people from across the map who hadn't been in combat when the square was contested. We had a spreadsheet that tracked who had been in combat where back when there were prizes for individual squares.

Edited by Rill - 03 Aug 2021 at 06:09
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 01:49
Do they make bronze?  Asking for a friend.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:40
Originally posted by Gry Gry wrote:

Clarification please!

C) either, preferably

D) both

Thanks for answers! We have team members who did participate in the tourney and Occupied (contributing to team win) but did not receive a medal, and (anecdotally in recent tourneys) those who suicided troops without any occupation but Did receive an overall medal. This seems unfair, as all who contribute, especially to the overall minutes, should be rewarded, despite lack of regional competition.

Heyya Gry,

It's a great question, and I've delved into the code to have a look at what it actually says.

The answer is:

E) Must have been involved in an actual Combat on a tournament square in order to get credit - which is different from your option B

I do understand that C) is probably the preferred choice; however this has the potential side-effect of tournament "tourism" - rewards without any risk.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Best,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 09 Aug 2021 at 11:42
Gry View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 00:00
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Heyya Gry,

It's a great question, and I've delved into the code to have a look at what it actually says.

The answer is:

E) Must have been involved in an actual Combat on a tournament square in order to get credit - which is different from your option B

I do understand that C) is probably the preferred choice; however this has the potential side-effect of tournament "tourism" - rewards without any risk.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Best,

SC

I think the risk of 'tourism' is pretty low, and there is also the consequence that players, or alliances, who manage to scare opponents off a tile entirely wouldn't be rewarded, despite contributing to occupation time for their team. There's more harm imo in players making an effort being denied, than in more team members sharing medals.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 09:48
I mean, if someone really cares about getting the medal they could just send a 1 man army to a hostile square. 
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 03:31
Originally posted by Gry Gry wrote:

Clarification please!

C) either, preferably

D) both

The solution is an Alliance Medal.   If you feel it's unfair, then correct it at the alliance level.  You do have options.
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic