illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing: IllyAssist Utility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DarkenedHeart View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkenedHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Announcing: IllyAssist Utility
    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 16:29
Hello Illyriad Community,

Most do not know me as I am a fairly new player.  I've been playing for about a year now as a trader with Four Wind Traders [4WT].  During my time playing Illyriad I've found some cumbersome aspects to the game that after doing some research I realized could be solved by parsing the data from my API to help track certain things.  This motivated me to create a utility to address some of those cumbersome tasks.

As I discussed what I was doing with various players I have come to know in the game there seemed to be interest in other areas and I have been working to accommodate those areas where possible within the scope of the API as well as the development teams definition of automation restriction etc..

While the tool is not released for testing I did want to share some early progress and engage more of the community in discussion of current features, planned features and new ideas.

I know Illyriad has several talented community members that have worked on different kinds of tools past and present and I have been collaborating with several of those individuals. I also respect the hardwork of other community members so if any of the planned features steps on an area where you have a tool already built I would like to collaborate with your further and see if we can enhance the tool you created or see how it could be integrated (with credit) into the IllyAssist Utility to make an all encompassing utility.  I also would like to thank those I have already collaborated with as you guys/gals have been essential in developing what I have so far!

With that said, I am sure some of you are thinking that is a lot of words without any information on what you've actually done.  So below I am going to break out what I have currently finished, what I am working on, what has been discussed / tentatively planned.  After that I will share some screenshots of the application as well as some concept UI

IllyAssist Utility v0.1.0
Description: IllyAssist is a local desktop application that parses API data and deposits the data in a local database file on your personal computer.  The application then builds data off of the API data gathered to present to you locally.

Community Collab Slack Channel - https://join.slack.com/t/illyassistcommunity/shared_invite/zt-ncis97qq-AmToDsZgqgMldAyhTgEOPQ
Note: This collaboration slack channel is for development / design discussions only.  NO Illyriad politics / war smack talk etc..  Save it for GC!  Anyone that can't follow those rules will be removed.

Features Ready for Testing (Coming Soon): 
  • Rare Mineral Locations - The application will gather Miner notification reports for the grids they are sent to harvest.  This allows you to track type and quantity of specific grids.  (future enhancement for scouting reports is planned)
  • Rare Herb Locations - This is similar to the Rare Mineral Locations, except for with Herbalist notifications. (future enhancement for scouting reports is planned)

In Active Development:
  • Alliance Quartermaster / Contract Manager - This feature allows you to setup a contract for an item, a price, amount (and client to ship goods to after they are delivered to you if you want) and will track the trade notification APIs for when people send you goods of that type.  It'll track the amount of goods sent and determine based on the price how much you need to send them back in gold.  This is great for private trade contracts or just buying goods internally in your alliance. 

Next Up for Development:
  • Active Hunts - Active hunts will take scouting and harvester reports for individual kills to track how much animal parts / skins remain on the grid / square.  This will function similarly to the Harvestable Locations for Rare Minerals & Herbs.
In Design / Concept Phase:
  • Illy Market Data - This may not be of interest to many, but for those of you that enjoy the trading aspect of the game this will aggregate market data.  My hope is to integrate Tensmoor's Price Grabber data to bring this to life.
Also in the Design / Concept phase in which I've received a lot of feedback on so far is the Alliance Campaign Manager (ACM).  This has grown from simply a robust movement calculator as pictured below to a whole set of possible features.  This is still actively being hashed out and discussed so join the discussion in the IllyAssist Community Slack channel if you would like to provide more input.

Alliance Campaign Manager (ACM) - Potential Feature List
  • Campaign Overview - Page that can show at a high level the status of different "Operations", latest troop movement report, tally of successful / failed attacks and sieges?, and ....?
  • Operation Monitoring - Allows the viewing of related reports to an active operation (siege, attack or reinforce) where possible with API and Mail notifications.
  • Operation Creation - This would be the core movement calculator integration in which an operation could be started.  Could Provide an Illy formatted mail for commanders to easily send out to operation participants.  Calculator can be set to a specific operation "Landing time" or go with the default Current Time. [Long Term Potential?] integrate the world data dump for terrain data and display appropriate tiles based on grid entered for main city.  Integrate overview of Penalties / Bonuses for tile type against unit type.
  • Scouting Reports - a section where known enemy cities will be listed with scouting reports from the day and time of last successful scout report in game mail.  Would require alliance members to give mail API access or forward scouting reports to a commander / general.  Garrison data would be that of troops in city.  City Storage = loot in city?
  • High Level Alliance Member Status - A section where all alliance members are shown and their status if attacking, being attacked, reinforcing etc.. potentially drill down by city.
  • Alliance Member APIs - Tab in the settings where the commander or alliance leadership can add all the Combat API's for their members that the tool will use to grab all the combat API for these individuals and track combat based actions.
  • Slack Integration - Create Channels Dynamically based on War and Operation.  Have messages delivered to specific war/operational channels created.  Format could be enemyAllianceTag-enemyTargetCity-operationStatus.  i.e. 4wt-01blackheart-active.
Visual Concept of the Operation Creation (Dynamic Movement Calculator)

I look forward to chatting more on other features and functionality and getting to know more of you in the community.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkenedHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 16:31
reserved
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkenedHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 16:32
reserved for other updates / build information
Silea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 23:36
people are to quiet
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 07:43
Looks awesome! People like you are amazing and keep this game alive. Thanks 
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 12:06
In general, this looks really good. The Alliance Campaign Manager would also be awesome, but appreciate it's some way off.

Have you a timeline on release of the rare herb location part of the utility? The rare mineral locations is straight-forward enough to track on a fire-and-forget spreadsheet, but it's a bit more of a pain trying to keep track of what herbs are where and in what quantities. There are 30-40 rare herb patches that I keep half an eye but it's typically too much effort to update manually. Two thoughts come to mind that would make this easier:

• If a herbalist fails on a certain square then the associated entry in the application should be deleted (or marked for deletion).
  • If a herbalist depletes a patch then the associated entry in the application should be deleted (or marked for deletion).
  • An option to bulk delete entries beyond a certain "last updated on..." time, or highlight them if they're older than a week or a month.
No idea if that's reasonable to implement or not, but thought I'd mention it.

Originally posted by DarkenedHeart DarkenedHeart wrote:

Features Ready for Testing (Coming Soon): 
  • Rare Mineral Locations - The application will gather Miner notification reports for the grids they are sent to harvest.  This allows you to track type and quantity of specific grids.  (future enhancement for scouting reports is planned)
  • Rare Herb Locations - This is similar to the Rare Mineral Locations, except for with Herbalist notifications. (future enhancement for scouting reports is planned)

New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkenedHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 19:39
@Ruarc - Thanks for the feedback.  The Alliance Campaign Manager is definitely a little ways off but design discussions have started in the slack community setup.  You are welcome to join and bring across any additional ideas you have.

I do not have a set timeline yet for the Rare Herbs and Minerals portion, it seems to be ready for more broader testing with the harvesters. Lastly, I need to setup a way to handle updates from one database schema to another so users don't lose data when they upgrade to the next version for testing.  So there is still a little work to do on that front.

On the 3 scenarios you described, to the best of my knowledge there were only 2 types of messages.  1 where they come back with a value of what's left on grid and 2 where they don't and that is what I am currently checking for.

What would cause an Herbalist to "fail" on a certain square?  Is this when an herbalist hits an empty node on arrival vs arriving then depleting?  If this is the case I will have to check for the difference in the API notifications for these scenarios.

I do intend to add an ability to manually click and delete a specific material / grid you do not want to track anymore.  I had considered having them delete when they were exhausted on the grid but since some regenerate on the same node I held off because folks may just want to know it's there still.  Bulk Delete would be possible but I would just need to figure out how and where to add that in the UI since I am working with clunky Windows Forms right now as I am not a UI/Graphics guy.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 22:22
One of the problems with the notifications from the API is that any harvesting unit completing or failing on a tile is always sent with the title 'Harvesting - Caravans Disappointed' so it is necessary to check the actual text of the notification to see whether they harvested anything or not. The body of the notification doesn't include any information about whether there is anything harvestable left on the tile.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkenedHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 05:05
Good Evening All.  I wanted to post some progress for the IllyAssist App so I put together a quick video and I step through some of the current functionality and demo how it works. Let me know what you guys think.  Feel free to join in on the discussion here or in the slack community.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 07:08
It's looking damned good DH - seriously envious of your skills Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic