illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Global Chat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Svea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Global Chat
    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 18:02
I cannot expand GC (the open icon does not appear). Just started a while ago. I'm not sure exactly when, but I haven't done anything differently for a while.

This means I cannot ask in GC how to fix it.   
Svea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 21:03
I refreshed the page with no effect.

I turned Global off and then on, and it came back without the "Global Chat" header. I refreshed again to get the header back.

I didn't see an "edit" option.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 21:11
Are you playing in a browser, through steam or some other way? Each of them are slightly different.

Do you see the actual posts in GC or is the entire chat window empty apart from the line saying how many are in GC? If so try pressing CTRL + F5. That forces a complete reload of the page without using the cache. I get a problem like that every now and then and this is how i fix it.

Svea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 23:41
I am playing on Opera. 

I used ctrl-F5 and nothing changed.

I can scroll up through chat, but the bottom of the window is cut off, so I cannot scroll down with the slider, or input anything into chat. The wheel does scroll both up and down in the tiny window.

GC worked fine until a few hours ago.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 23:53
did you try clearing your browser cache before refreshing? I think there are cookies that save communication settings, so you might possibly also need to clear cookies
Svea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 02:34
The GC window seems back to normal. Nothing happened here that I could see.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 08:35
Main thing is it's working :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic