illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tournament Change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Statking View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Statking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tournament Change
    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 13:59
Greetings. Many think there are too many tournaments. I suggest there be one northern tournament and then one southern tournament. All alliances may participate but only totems in the one region (north or south) will be active. One individual tournament with no alliances. Lastly a tournament as running now.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:34
People don't need to compete in tournaments every single season. I know what some alliances are doing is a one off / one on approach. If people want there to be fewer tournaments, they just don't need to compete every season.
Having the tournaments every single season means that there's a lot of troop burn without as much time to rebuild. This increases the competitivity of smaller alliances, as they don't have to make up for as much of a build-gap as they would if there were fewer alliances. If they can correctly time their pushes with times when some alliances are on an off season, their competitivity increases further.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 17:54
I will again advocate that all regions do not need to be up for grabs in every tournament.  A "north" or "south" separation seems natural.  Randomization would be interesting too.
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 00:16
perhaps 5 or 10 day tourneys to collect the most of certain kinds of animals, herbs and minerals
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 16:09
I think the decision should be purely data-driven. If we start to see the number of alliances, players, and casualties waning, then it would be a sign of overexposure / saturation. Have we seen that? Do we have an established baseline?

eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 20:52
Saying there's too many tourneys is kinda bizarre imo. But, I definitely would like to see an increase in tournament variety- capture the flag, a hunting tournament etc.

That should help deal with any issues of declining popularity.

Edited by eowan the short - 13 Nov 2020 at 20:52
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic