illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

login page not fully loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: login page not fully loading
    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 22:41
Only Illy is affected. Login page won't fully load, I have text saying 'Login' but it will not change to a pretty red button. Is this an update? I have no other problems except for the login.

Using firefox, with the same bookmarked link as I always use. I googled the login and tried from the search but still will not work. Confirmed it is https.

Expecting some type of update but nobody is commenting in the forums.
I am a Machine.
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 23:14
I've duplicated the problem on other devices.
I am a Machine.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 08:01
What browser are you using? I've just logged in using Firefox Dev Edn 82.0b9 (64-bit) with no problems.
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 08:51
Greetings Tens, and thank you for the reply.

I use firefox 81.0.2 (64) on an HP laptop, and it duplicates exactly on the Galaxy S5e using current firefox and house wifi. It did begin shortly after the last windows security update on the laptop. No graphics at all but links are highlighted and work. I have no problems on any other site.

Since posting this I found out that most of Oregon was affected by some level of internet problems. Some larger use areas went dark. I kept reading articles and saw that Elon launched 60 satellites 12 hours before this happened back on Earth. I didn't check where any of his sats were at the time. I actually hope it was the sats.

Last winter it was caused by a cow.

And I have no missiles, Illy is very medieval.

Edited by Mr. Ubiquitous Feral - 19 Oct 2020 at 08:53
I am a Machine.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 09:59
We had problems in the local area over the last couple of months when local farmers were damaging the cables while working in the fields (our cables are just laid on top of the ground around field edges mostly). Each time it took at least 2 days to fix with us having no phone or internet (and very poor mobile coverage).

But back to your problem. Is the text a link? If so then it should work. It may be that some images are being blocked for some reason. The image that should be getting loaded is https://assets.illyriad.net/login_up.jpg
You should be able to see it by clicking the link above. You can also check if there are any files not being loaded by using the built in devtools in Firefox. CTRL + SHIFT + I should open them up in a new window (not a new tab). Select the Network section and choose All and make sure Disable Cache is checked. At that point go back to the original window with the login page and do CTRL + F5 to do a complete reload of the page. When it finishes loading switch to the devtools window and sort the table by the Status column (should be the leftmost). You are looking for any that are not 200. I get 4 on mine - all from google and caused by my having trackers blocked by default.

Hope that helps narrow it down a bit.
Tens
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:55
This worked, thanks. The Disable Cache wasn't checked and I found 7 which are 403. Now what do I do with them? Delete? Resend?

I have a correct login page but the button will not click.

the text in place of the button had no link.

Edited by Mr. Ubiquitous Feral - 19 Oct 2020 at 10:56
I am a Machine.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 12:04
First thing I would try is a different browser. This will tell us if it is only a problem with Firefox or a more generic issue. Chances are it will be a Firefox one.

This link explains what a 403 error is (basically the server is saying you're not allowed to do stuff you normally can).

We have ruled out the refresh and check address options so next would be to clear the browser cookies and cache.

This link explains how to do that in all the different browsers. Just scroll down to the section for Firefox. When you get the 'Clear All History' popup I would recommend only checking the Cookies and Cache settings to start with. We can always do it again with more options selected.

Once you have cleared the cache and cookies do the CTRL + F5 again and see if that works. If not then rinse and repeat on the clear but with more options selected. Leave the Offline Web Site Data to the last - that will wip out all your Durctools data and is a pain to rebuild.

I'd also send an email to community@illyriad.co.uk explaining the issue and with a link to this thread so they know what is going on and might be able to point out something I've missed.

Tens
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 02:31
Duplicated in Opera, Edge, and Firefox. I'll be looking at it later tonight.
I am a Machine.
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 05:02
Came back to the laptop with a freshly washed brain. I did a factory reset then scanned with malwarebytes. Found 3 pup's from the previously installed Advanced System Care malware program. Quarantined and restarted. Illy login page came up as its supposed to. I'm logged in now and back to the grind.

Tens, I learned a lot from this and appreciate your help. I would've thrown it out the window by now without your help.

I didn't petition ingame because it was obviously not an Illy problem.
I am a Machine.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 05:24
Glad you got it fixed bud Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic