illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

City Walls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City Walls
    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 16:58
Does anyone understand the logic where city walls consume food but do not contribute to city population?
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 17:03
The workers live on the outside of the walls. You've always assumed they were designed to keep people out but it is quite the reverse- the commoners of Illyriad want to keep players trapped in their cities.

As such, a small force is sent  by the local towns and villages whenever there seems to be enough stone lying around to strengthen their defence against a playerbase that ravages the countryside on a regular basis.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Salamander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 22:07
They don't consume food . Misinformation on defense build page .
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 22:54
Originally posted by Salamander Salamander wrote:

They don't consume food . Misinformation on defense build page .

Wow, yes.

This is true, and a revelation.! After 10 years of illy, I am still learning about things I clearly coded badly. Embarrassed

Walls don't (and shouldn't) consume food (despite saying that they do on the defense page), and I'll set their displayed food consumption p/h to zero for all levels in the next update.

Many thanks for making me aware of this one.

Best, and Happy New Year,

SC
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 15:13
Fixed.  City Walls now show 0 food consumption for all levels.

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Best,

SC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic