illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Hashashin are disbanding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zenorra View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zenorra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 03:30
Sayez,
I understand completely how this happened. When the leader of TCol (Kale Weathers), suicided all of his cavalry up a mountain then rage quit, no one would step up and become leader either. I knew I didn't want to be the leader, but I felt a responsibility to try. The server war made a lot of our members quit the game, they got burned out or freaked out. Eventually, we grew again and I was able to find a capable and most loved replacement. After 7 years, I have finally stepped down. *happy dance* Please don't disband SIN, hang in there until you find someone who wants it. Hopefully, it won't take you 7 years like it did me. :P

To the rest of you with negative comments:
You might have disliked or even hated Sin, but you know that you needed something to plot against and attempt to destroy. Sin brought a lot to this game, and they will be missed by all if they are disbanded. 

Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:28
I salute Sayez for the frankness of his post and, as always, wish him well with his health and his future RL endeavours. It appears that continuous war causes battle fatigue on all sides.

For the information of others, I have received no communication from any member (present or former) of SIN and as they are the architects of the PPP policy and several of their members have left their alliance while at war, it will be interesting to see what approach they; and the alliances they join; take and expect, collectively and individually to the wars they are leaving. We await developments.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 14:31
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

I salute Sayez for the frankness of his post and, as always, wish him well with his health and his future RL endeavours. It appears that continuous war causes battle fatigue on all sides.

For the information of others, I have received no communication from any member (present or former) of SIN and as they are the architects of the PPP policy and several of their members have left their alliance while at war, it will be interesting to see what approach they; and the alliances they join; take and expect, collectively and individually to the wars they are leaving. We await developments.

Have you considered the possible (or in my personal opinion highly likely) explanation that no-one has reason to be concerned about being persistently pursued by Aesir?
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 15:04
ffs... biff's going to be a nightmare in GC now... you couldn't have just said you were merging into CDS or something? :P

In all seriousness, its a real shame to see you guys go... you've been excellent villains in a great many people's games and plotting and scheming against the SINicate has filled many a boring lecture for me. 

I hope those of you who are switching games all the best, if any of you come back and need some res, let me know.

-E
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 19:26
Unlike you,

Biff actually has a life
When's the last time you've seen him
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Small Boy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Small Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 04:54
It is very difficult to keep a large alliance running by yourself, when your leadership is slowly becoming more inactive by the day and there are too many differences of opinion within your alliance to solve by yourself. And it invariably leads to burnout. 

We saw this happen with Captain Kindly in HugCr and Dravin the Sloth in eCrow. And those alliances were nowhere near as busy as Sin had to be in the last 6-9 months.

Best of luck, Sayez, in whatever you choose to do.

It would be a lie to pretend I'm not happy about Sin disbanding, because of various events over the last 12 months. But there's no denying the fact that Sin has been a vital part of Illy history.
Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:33
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

You would have to send attacks to be considered "pursuant" Huc ?? I've been at war with Aesir for over a year and none of my cities have been touched by Aesir?

To Sayez and the rest of  SIN, join TCol and its business as usual. You all kept it going as long as you could and should be proud. 
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 15:27
Proud?  What drivel.
Urian View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 03:51
You did good mate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic