illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Army return travel time issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rashidi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Army return travel time issues
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 13:01
I've just had an issue in game, but have limited information to provide in my support ticket, BUT I've heard others mention having similar issues somewhere so I thought I'd start a thread.  Maybe others can provide helpful information so we can see this problem fixed.

Sometimes while sending armies out, they don't return on time.  I think something happens when they turn around and their travel time is established for the return leg of the journey.  This can become a bit of an issue during an active conflict- when you need to dodge armies, and in my case, when you need your defenders to return home right after a large siege train rips the city apart, leading to a potential raze attempt that you wish to defend against.

In the specific case that I just had today, the army had been sent on a 9.5 hour march, and the intention was for it to turn around and march another 9.5 hours to get home, for a total of 19 hours.  Instead, they are now taking 17 hours for the march back, for a total journey of about 26.5 hours.  

I used the "feint" option, but I don't think that is relevant.  I included troop types in my petition, but I doubt that is important either.  What might be relevant is the use of gear that affects travel times in elite divisions.

I could see the travel time changing after a combat that affects the army composition, but fail to see how or why it would change when no combat has taken place.

At this point, I'm calling this a bug.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 13:43
That's messed up man, I was looking forward to seeing them at our seige.
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 05:03
The extra 7.5 hours ="A feint, really? 9.5 hours marching and we feint, *uck this guy, lets go to the pub on the way home"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic