Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GEEK.com's best games to secretly play at work!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GEEK.com's best games to secretly play at work!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEEK.com's best games to secretly play at work!
    Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 00:44
A very nice mention of Illyriad... even if you have to play it secretly! 

"Illyriad breaks the mold in a number of compelling ways that make it one of the best in its field."

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 13:09
Dat UIv2 throwback tho.  

I guess this is happy 6th birthday to Illy...
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
Lotharblack View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lotharblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 18:55
That article also says  server-wide special events ". When did the author play the game?
Lord Loth
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 08:54
just about every write up on the net mentions "events" or developer led "tourneys".  And every new player mentions them at least once and has to be let down gently.
False advertising.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 14:50
/me sighs gently
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 16:31
The big, ol' war going on in the Broken Lands is a darn good "event." From my perspective, I feel like the game is delivering on plenty of excitement and military intrigue. Without the game, could have never had the war.

Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 21:44
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

The big, ol' war going on in the Broken Lands is a darn good "event." From my perspective, I feel like the game is delivering on plenty of excitement and military intrigue. Without the game, could have never had the war.

This is true but unfortunately only for a minority of the players. Most are relegated to the peanut gallery and only just watch. This is the main reason why the player base is so small, and has no prospect of growing. New players cannot jump into the combat fun straight away and have no incentive to stick around until they can fight wars. Tournaments and the so called activities would serve to retain them and give them stuff to do and learn without the risk of war while they grow.
Kaggen is my human half
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 17:13
@Gragnog - Some of us in Horde recently had a war of walls with some members of Moon. I believe that one of the players (in a Crow alliance) recently coded up a hunting tournament.

While I would love to see the devs run a tournament that involved some new game content I think there is quite a lot that the players can organise for themselves (leaving the devs with more time to fix the faction AI).
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 21:40
ubluntu is the one who coded the hunting tournament, although Crow alliances had the pleasure of taking part, along with some other alliances.  There are a lot of possibilities for player-run tournaments with the new API codes, but this does take some work on the part of the players for both coding and coordinating the tournaments.  It would be nice to have a dev-sponsored tourney or event where everyone could take part and have fun.
Lonesome Poet View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonesome Poet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 17:41
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic