Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
Author
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game On
    Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 06:23
Hi all,

So, first off - The rumours are true.  For the first time in 18 months (think about that) Harmless is actually, really mobilising.

<pause for effect>

I'm sure you guys are expecting me to do what everyone seems to do these days and post a big long bunch of words talking about how our opponents are terrible horrible people and describing in nauseating detail exactly where on the dolly the bad man touched us.

I'm going to buck the trend here and keep things short:

1) We have a few reasons why we don't particularly like VALAR but I'm not going to debate them here. Suffice to say they are reasonable Casus Belli as far as we are concerned. Stuff like words and actions not matching up, general douche-baggery and their apparent trend for being super aggressive with everyone *except* us (FYI - their leaderships's facade of obsequiousness toward H? reminds me somewhat of the Bene Gesserit approach to Leto II in God Emperor of Dune - if you haven't read it, you should).

2) We don't see why everyone else should have all the fun of having wars while we have to sit on the side-lines because people *think* we are so big and scary that we can't even sneeze or use the bathroom without someone whining about how we're going to take over the game.

3) We (Harmless) are not looking to wipe any person or alliance out of the game. We have said (and we really mean it) that diversity in players and outlook are the best thing you can have in this and any other competitive game. FYI - I speak only for H?.  Some of the other folks involved might have other ideas.

4) War is fun and exciting. If you're not having fun in battle in an online game then you're doing it wrong.

Edit:
5) We like to help our friends.

So, game on.

KP

Edited by KillerPoodle - 25 Sep 2011 at 06:28
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 07:12
Could you lay out some very reasonable ground rules, I.e. no attacks on players under 5K total pop unless you yourself fall into that category?
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 07:21

I see. It's a bit bizarre that Harmless will attack Valar right after they have come out of battle with Curse over Spirit/Roller's cities? Actually it's downright opportunistic.

It's seems that harmless also wants a piece of us; since we being the second most powerful alliance; their position of dominance in Illyriad would naturally be under threat by Valar. I can honestly see why they would want to attack us. 

As for the Valar being aggressive? Nope I don't think so... It's more like we are always under attack by someone.

LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 07:32
1) Thank heavens for one thing, at least. KP is being honest. H? are going to war because they "don't like" someone and "We don't see why everyone else should have all the fun". PA tried to pretend that they were on some righteous crusade - though with no real righteousness. H? Just come out with it and say, they're going to bash a bunch of people because they want to bash a bunch of people.

2) I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong. I argued on another thread that it was stupid to think that this was some sort of a conspiracy; I opined that this war had no cause other than misunderstanding. Looks like I was wrong.
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 07:44
Kurdruk :P Told you so.
Dakota Strider View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 07:53
Originally posted by Erik Dirk Erik Dirk wrote:

Could you lay out some very reasonable ground rules, I.e. no attacks on players under 5K total pop unless you yourself fall into that category?

Dirk, I agree it would be nice to keep the newer players out of this, if they wish to stay clear.  However, it is going to be hard for any Valar to trust Harmless? or their allies after the way things have turned out.   And we have intelligence (which has proven 100% correct so far) that H? is having all of their members, of all sizes join in reinforcing the siege camps around our cities.  So, I do not know how they will put that genie back in the bottle, if we adopt your rule.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 08:07
Kurfist, perhaps conspiracy wasn't the right word. You don't get anywhere in life without planning and the top alliances certainly plan their developments. H to their credit have held their position for what seems forever and now they see it as time to remove the most obvious threat to that. This is a smart strategy that has been in the wings for some time, and probably inevitable, lets keep it civil and see how it pans out although if you add all the confeds up for each side I think the result is easy to see. H's political smarts have ensured that the odds are always with them. Now I expect a knock on the door from some people that won't be wanting to just have a beer so I better go find that pitchfork I saw in the shed a while ago I might be needing it. Alls fair in love 'n' war as they say, but I'm glad to be linked with the underdog because they are always the people's champ, good gaming folks.
LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 08:12
Errr... did I just get called Kurfist?!
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 08:54
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

Errr... did I just get called Kurfist?!

Umm ... consider it a compliment?
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 08:56
I don't think small players joining in should have any impact on the rule, I just mean no attacks on their cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic