illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towards a better Illyria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Lotharblack View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lotharblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 19:21
Why on earth should Illyriad have a democracy system? Feudalism would be much more interesting in my opinion. This is not a real world , why do so many people try to act as if it is?  
Lord Loth
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 19:49
As a member of the one and only truly free alliance in Illyriad, I say we do not want your council, we do not need your council, and we will continue to be free and wanton as we please. Loki members have voiced their opinion and its a resounding NO. HELL NO. We will continue to be free and do what we want without anyone trying to tell us different.

If you do not like it, well, then you do not like it. As to "War Criminals" we embrace the medal and strive to wreak more havoc and chaos in the hope we can recruit more people who play as we do. Our alliance along with the other SINdicate members probably have more active members than all your council alliances combined.

Our off site chat rooms are more active, more fun, more entertaining in one hour than GC is in a whole week. I know it sucks, but hey, not everyone can be in the cool crowd. Some of you have to be the victims.
Kaggen is my human half
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 20:43
As a player uninvolved in any current conflict I'm going to throw my hat into this arena.

I have no interest in player councils or any other way to control the game, or turn a group of alliances into some sort of server police. 
a) It won't work, each alliance has its own vested interests
b) It's not in the spirit of a sandbox game

But you know what raises my hackles about almost every post in the forum and on GC at the moment?
"War Criminal", that's what. War criminals throw groups of people into gas chambers or mow down real life civilians.  Notice that small but significant difference?  REAL LIFE.

*No real life politics/news events please*

This is a game, a part of which is a war game. NO-ONE in this game, no matter what they choose to do is a War Criminal or a Terrorist. It's pixels  - it ain't people. No one is threatening your family or your employment or your life.

Get some perspective and grow up folks. 

Cerberus edit for Forum Rules.

Edited by GM Cerberus - 03 Oct 2017 at 21:52
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 21:33
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

These laws recognise that towns and players each have the right to declare themselves non-combatants by appending the letters NC to their town name.

I remember an alliance that did that. Hi Stukahh! LOL
Mak View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 21:41
It seems like it would be hard to enforce a "non-combatant" clause. Judging from the community response to bureaucratic red-tape.
"Life is a Beautiful Struggle"-Mos Def
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 21:54
Hello everyone!

The term "terrorist" being thrown around a lot is now creating problems because of the real world implications of the term.  From here forward anyone accusing anyone of being a terrorist will be moderated, any beyond that will result in a ban.

Thank you for your understanding, please play nicely.

Regards,

GM Cerberus
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 22:19
I agree, people should be able to play the game how they want and not have someone control how they do it
Derby View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 22:54
I want to make something perfectly and succinctly clear to all who read this Forum post started by Hucbold.  VTX will not participate in nor support any "Illy Council" attempting to control/police the game.  If you cannot tolerate and keep up with the game - hit the big Red button.  As to the implied threat - if VTX does not take part - well we will look back on your attempts to punish us with fond memories.  That is it from VTX - nothing more to say.  
Whakomatic View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whakomatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 03:05
I wonder what your "league" would have thought of the poor muppets in EE getting beaten up by those dastardly villains from 300. 

The Tyranny of the Majority

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 03:47
Originally posted by Whakomatic Whakomatic wrote:

I wonder what your "league" would have thought of the poor muppets in EE getting beaten up by those dastardly villains from 300.

I wonder what his League would have thought of all the provocation and meddling that led up to our formal declaration of war.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic