illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terra, prestige referral, and YOU!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 18:36
I used to play with my brother in the same house. Not banned yet....
I have also heard of various husband/wife and parent/child combinations playing illyriad without problem. I think the devs look at more than just IP address when sorting out multi-accounting
Miklabjarnir View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miklabjarnir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 19:25
I remember some years ago a GM mentioned that they use an advanced behaviour filtering mechanism to find out if two accounts were run by the same person or even by a robot script. Going solely by IP address is not viable since many users will be logging in from a place where there is one or a few public IP addresses shared by a large community. Even some ISPs do this in countries where IP v.4 addresses are very scarce.
Det View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Det Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:06
Thanks for all the help everyone.

It seems I was worried about nothing.

I now have no excuse for banning my son from the game.

I can't have anything without someone wanting to muscle in.
IKnight View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 03:39
I have my referral link on my profile, as far as I know, that's not illegal. I've had a bunch of people use it to make a 2nd account. I usually send these players a gift in return for this. Haven't been told to take it off by the GMs yet, so I figure it's safe.

See, I always figured the rule was 2 accounts per person. Since there is no way to actually 100% prove who is behind the screen (at least legally), I figured that was enforced with IP (same device, probably same person) and Email(definitely same person). This is why I've never allowed anyone to play Illyriad on the same device as I (I just can't risk losing my accounts). I have a few family members that want to play as well, but they are stuck using an iPhone to do it (And Illyriad just doesn't work on mobile devices the same way as a computer) However, lately I've heard of people allowing their spouse to play on the same computer. I have a sibling who I'd gladly let play after I'm done checking in, how do I prove it's my sibling and not me though? 
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 09:30
If I say what I think, I could earn a ban forever.

Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 15:51
Why not just get rid of the Terraforming?
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Web View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Web Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 23:06
So just to clarify, the buddy programme can be used by each player on their alternate account once, but not multiple times if they decide to terra. Or can it only be used when an entirely new player joins the game? I have never used the link before and was not sure if I could use it on myself once or not. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic