illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tournament Square Update!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
jtk310 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtk310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 17:46
This was a simple misunderstanding. I invited some of the smaller alliances around me to join Rome if they wanted a better chance at getting prizes. We plan to fight for our squares, and certainly don't mind competition. I just figured local smaller folk with whom we have good relations might stand a better chance if they were on our side. I've talked this out with FattyAcid, and it was just a misunderstanding. He thought I was saying join or you can't participate. Now, I can't guarantee they will be able to take the square from us, but it was not my intention to imply anyone was not free to try.
faTTyAciD View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faTTyAciD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 18:27
I appreciate everyone's input here. I am willing to take the blame for a misunderstanding between myself and the Roman leadership. It was never their intention to prevent us from participating in the tournaments as confirmed in this copied and pasted private message
17:05]<jtk310> would you mind to make a post on the forums confirming this was a misunderstanding? I'd like it if you mentioned that I was clear that anyone is free to make an attempt on our squares, and that we welcome their use in smaller future player run tournaments

Sorry, rill, I didn't mean to take the subject off course. When I said 'tournament rules' I meant 'tournament square rules'

Edited by faTTyAciD - 13 Apr 2016 at 18:43
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 21:22
Originally posted by towboater towboater wrote:

is there going to be up dates on who is holding what area and for how long it has been held

MY site will likely be 15 to 30 mins behind live data.  There isnt anything I can do about this. Also depending on how much data i will have to go though this time could increase. you are able to check on is on the sqs in game by going here http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquares and clicking Details... 
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 21:58
jtk310 says: This was a simple misunderstanding. I invited some of the smaller alliances around me to join Rome if they wanted a better chance at getting prizes. 

It happens, glad it's cleared up now... hat's off to giving it a solution.
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 22:41
When i try to go to http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquare/29  I get an error  /World/TournamentSquare/29?_=1460756422026
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 22:43
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

When i try to go to http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquare/29  I get an error  /World/TournamentSquare/29?_=1460756422026
Hi Koda,

These pages have been retired; they were erroneously left up when the last tournament was taken down.

Regards,

SC

Edit:  To clarify, they were removed from the user interface more than a couple of weeks ago when the BL tournament square list was published.  They've now been tidied away.

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 15 Apr 2016 at 22:46
dittobite View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dittobite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 01:29
SC any reason those pages were taken away?  They actually are very helpful to have during a tourney and taking them away rather than improving them and making sure they work seems like a step backwards rather than forwards.  

During tourneys it's not only important but just fun to see that data live as it occur.   Are they going to be available at the start of the tourney Koda is planning? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic