illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Data requests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Dal Rath View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dal Rath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 19:57
Whilst I'm on with the feature requests, here are some more:

- The mail API should include the body of the mail, not just the header.  90% of the code for the notification->RSS gateway is reusable for the mails, so I gave it a try. Now I have game mail in my normal out-of-game mail reader, but sadly only the headers.  (For extra credit: support POST requests in the API so I can also reply to game mails from out-of-game mail clients)

- Add a daily dump file for ongoing sieges. Same info that's available on the in-game stats page. (Extra credit: and the rest of the stats data too.)

- Add an API feed (like mail and notifications, but global rather than per user) for anything that's worthy of a system notification on in-game global chat. This overlaps the previous point somewhat, since e.g. the beginning of a siege gets a chat alert.
Dal Rath View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dal Rath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 13:32
ok, got the prototype working. RSS to my mail client, or push to my phone though IFTTT. :-)

Any brave beta testers can use:
http://cinders.the-transcend.com/notifications/elgea-NOTIF-whatevertherestofyourkeyis
http://cinders.the-transcend.com/mail/elgea-IMAIL-whatevertherestofyourkeyis

Cryterion View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cryterion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 19:08
Would there be any chance of any market related data to be made available.....

E.G. just a daily download of what was traded in the faction markets on the previous day, with price and volume?

This would allow traders to use the information available a little quicker than having to go through each item/hub looking for trade options.

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks
Cryterion
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 19:40
You can download the historical data for a particular hub if you have the appropriate research and a trader in the hub.  I think information on hubs where you don't have a trader is supposed to be obscure.
Cryterion View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cryterion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 19:38
Thanks Rill

Data there is what I'm looing for, but maybe something for the GM's to look at which would help me speed up processing the information.

Currently I would have to download a 3month historical data file, individually for each item as well as pricing and supply/demand are 2 seperate files as well.

What I'm wanting to do is to be able to pass the downloaded file, directly to an application that would then process the information, putting it into my own database where I can perform my own further calculations etc.
If the downloaded file could have a marker field to identify which item the file is for and whether its the price or supply/demand file would help a great amount.

I.E. currently the csv file is formatted as follows:-
                            , "Volume"  , "Sell"  ,  "Buy"  , "Average"  /r/n
"Date/Count"    , "integer"    , "float" , "float"  , "float"  /r/n

if the first csv field could contain just an identifier to indicate what the information is.
for example 1 = wood 2 = clay 3 = iron etc and maybe appended by an 'A' or 'B' to indicate price or supply/demand, and even a number after that for the trade region.

This way I would still have to have a trader in a particular hub to get the info, but allows me to externally process it more efficiently. 
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:21
Feeds locations have been updated http://data-root.illyriad.net/data.html current links will 301 redirect to the new locations

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 04 Sep 2016 at 12:38
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 02:21
Thank you for letting us know TC
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 07:35
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Feeds locations have been updated http://data-root.illyriad.net/data.html current links will 301 redirect to the new locations

It appears that datafiles are no longer gzip compressed. No problem for me, but seems like it will cost more in data transfer costs.

Thanks!
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:21
The location of the links on the page don't seem to have been changed. They still point to files at the .co.uk top level domain.
Serpentina View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serpentina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 01:54
Does it exist somewhere, or can it be added, a datafile_mines.txt with info about the coordinates of the mine locations?  Something like this:

GeoID|X|Y|mineral|rare_mineral

where the last two field values are simply booleans to indicate the presence or absence of this item?

Note, I am just asking for a boolean value, 0|1, to show that there is a mineral or rare_mineral present at that location, not specifically what it is.  I understand that discovery of what it is requires in-game scouting operations.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic