illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 on 5 war

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 on 5 war
    Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 18:52
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there would be any interest in setting up a friendly 5 on 5 war. The rules would be simple, no thieves, but spies and assassins would be just fine :), sieges are only wall breakers, once a city looses it's walls it is considered destroyed. Teams would be determined by who joined and we would pick 2 people as captains out of the 10 people and the 2 captains would choose their teams draft style. We could possibly go 10 vs 10 if their is enough interest, however, I think that would be the max, Also, we could do a buy in if people wished to, and the winners would split the winnings. But that is just floating an idea out their. Feel free to igm me or post on here your comments concerning this idea. 

jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 03:59
Oh. war of walls. sounds great!

count me in!
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 05:59
Something to do, Grey is interested but no accounts will be leaving the alliance. If you think you can work around that drop me a line in game.
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 13:25

I am not sure who might be interested but I will ask around in alliance.

Either way I would like to say that I really like the rules of engagement you've set out. Its a good alternative to 'king of the hill style' to allow sorta-sieging. An alliance versus alliance tourney with similar rules might be quite fun as well.

For this one, ideally people wouldn't have to leave alliances... I feel like that is always the biggest hurdle for these type of self-made tournaments and why they are relatively rare and hard to organize. Friends want to fight in fun tourneys but friends are usually NAP or confed or in the same alliance...

I wish there was a setting you (or probably your alliance leader) could set for particular members and particular NAPs to allow those members marked with the setting to beat on each other without changing global diplomacy. If it worked 'within' an alliance that would be extra fun!
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 16:53
I was figuring 1 alliance vs another, this way it would be easier for players to coordinate their activities and no one outside of the fighters would mistake a siege as the real thing and have real wars start over this battle. That is why i proposed it the way i did.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 22:46
You could contact ubluntu.

He's using selection through player-generated API-keys to distinguish which players are in which alliance in the Crows' Hunting Tournament.

Maybe his findings can be of use here.
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 03:42
I'd prefer to let him focus on that tourny right now. after words sure. 
Sasuke View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:51
Sounds Fun , I am in too , Demdigs 

In-game name : Sasuke
Lifeless View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 19:44
Sounds interesting enough

The Undead God, Lifeless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic