Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TVM - SHARK Conflict

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TVM - SHARK Conflict
    Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 17:01
I would like to make it clear that the only reason for the current conflict in NewLands is that TVM has attacked SHRKr. Their pretext is that SHRKr towns have been placed inside their land claim.

The reason that I'm making this statement is that another land claiming alliance -Roman Empire - has already scouted a SHARK town and I can only assume that they are planning to join TVM's aggression against us.

At this time and before major damage is caused, SHARK has only one demand of TVM and RE: alt your aggression.
To any others contemplating support of TVM and RE's aggression: Please don't.

Halcyon for Dark and Darker Shade.

Edited by Halcyon - 14 Sep 2015 at 17:19
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 18:01
I would be interested to see the towns in question and their placement. Putting a town in the middle of a densely populated TVM area could be seen as an act of aggression. Conversely, attacking a town placed in an area sparsely populated by your alliance on the grounds of a 'land claim' seem ridiculous to me. 
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 18:58
TVM is a tiny alliance.  

I am more concerned with Shark's aggression.  

Shark is 8 times the size of TVM.  I admire them for standing up for what they believe is right.  They must have a valid reason to do so.  Sometimes you just have to fight even though the odds are stacked against you.  

So people shouldn't support TVM because you are requesting they don't?  How about we lay the facts out on the table and let people think for themselves?

I don't think the community should be told what to do.  If you want to make this a public conversation we would be happy to hear both sides of the argument.

Stukahh
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Tacardi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 19:13
It always amazes me how someone (Halcyon) can twist what is really going on.
Belegar Ironhammer View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belegar Ironhammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 19:13
Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

At this time and before major damage is caused, SHARK has only one demand of TVM and RE: alt your aggression.

Halcyon for Dark and Darker Shade.

I suppose exo'ing cities laden with troops and placing them as close as possible to TVM towns doesn't count as aggression then. 
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 19:16

Screenshot above sent to me from Zenorra
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 19:34
Well, it would be fabulous to have some context here.

TVM have a land claim in Newlands, which Shark has been flouting for some time now. TVM have been remarkable candid in dealing with this, and recently Lorcan, part of TVM's leadership, offered to settle a settlement dispute with a member of Shark by offering a duel. This was accepted by the Shark member. However, Shark chose to intervene against Lorcan, violating the terms of a fair fight.

Exactly how does that make TVM the aggressor?
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 19:41
Given that TVM is part of DSD, I take the initial post to mean Shark is confident vs TVM but not against the entire DSD. Alternatively, it could be a cloaked continuation of the land claim war, and they are concerned about SIN coming out of Fortress Fellendire. 

But maybe I'm just cynical. 
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 19:45
However, to be fair, Halcyon said long ago (Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 06:55) 
Quote 10 alliances, most of them very small, have claimed about 15 percent of Broken Lands (that's what my eyes are telling me when looking at Jejune's map). This means that a relatively small part of the players are trying to dictate to the majority where to place their cities. It won't stand.
Dark Shade does not recognize these claims and, like Invictus, will ignore them.
We do not settle inside a land claim with an intention to force a conflict, but we settle where our strategy indicates even if this means settling inside a land claim. Militray or diplomatic actions against our cities will be answered with disproportionate military action.
Don't start none, won't be none!

Edited by Solanar - 14 Sep 2015 at 19:46
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 20:52
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

Well, it would be fabulous to have some context here.

TVM have a land claim in Newlands, which Shark has been flouting for some time now. TVM have been remarkable candid in dealing with this, and recently Lorcan, part of TVM's leadership, offered to settle a settlement dispute with a member of Shark by offering a duel. This was accepted by the Shark member. However, Shark chose to intervene against Lorcan, violating the terms of a fair fight.

Exactly how does that make TVM the aggressor?

If a valid solution to the problem has already been found, and Shark have indeed chosen to violate the terms of this, I fail to see why this has made the forums at all. If you violate the terms, you forfeit the competition - assuming this agreement is in writing and can be backed up with reports. 

I am pretty sure this dispute can be sorted without the need for military actions. Just saying.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic